V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harris, I am creating a collection of motorcycle rodeo and motorcycle drill courses to email and/or print. So far, however, I only have a few, including an 18' Cone Weave for beginners, 12' Cone Weave for advanced, The Offset Cone Weave, The Keyhole (which looks impossible to accomplish), 135-degree standing turn right and left, and and a few others that I've found on the internet.

I'd like to create a publication of a whole assortment of exercise drills and even complete motorcycle rodeo courses both recommending skill levels.

There is a group of us that practice every Wednesday evening in the Spring, Summer, and Fall seasons. A few of the guys that show up are extremely skilled. (one even placed 1st in a motorman / civvy motorcycle rodeo course last November). I'd like to step up the exercises from simple cone weaving and figure 8's by setting up my cones in addition to the ones they bring.

Do you have a source or a collection of drills and courses that I can add to my booklet?

Thank you in advance.

G

·
I don't have anything that is accesible on line. I seem to recall seeing a website somewhere that had a bunch of patterns, but damned if I know where.

The 90 degree pull-out is a simple "T" of 6 foot wide lanes.

Harris

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In case anyone is looking for this again (I was earlier today), the palmetto link above is broken, but here's a pretty big list of cone patterns:

http://www.policemotorunits.com/id279.html

HTH!
It's really funny that you found and posted this. I was searching last night and my google search brought me to this forum thread. It looked familiar. Sure enough, there was my post from 2006. But I followed other links that Google found and came across the same policemotorunits.com website that you did.

I've copied all of the patterns . . . one never knows when a website will go defunct.

I found the particular pattern I was looking for. "French Quarter". It's one that I've not been able to master yet on my Ultra Limited.

Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts