V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Those tank floats have been obsolete for more than 10 years now. And it doesn't help that they are not rated for corn juice. It eats the rheostat right out of them.
Yeah thats what I am finding out. It didn't help that the customer accidentally filled the tank with water! Who keeps water in a gas can right? Like I said I found one but its $250 from a company that makes them for all kinds of vehicles, the customer just doesn't want to pay that for one. Keep er full bud!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I took my bike to the dealer for it's annual inspection today. The service manager told me they are having trouble getting parts from Harley. Apparently the factory was closed for 2 and a half months and the warehouses are very low on parts.
I have to think that more companies than Harley are in this situation. What is going to happen when you can't get parts for long haul trucks and locomotives? How about power plant turbines?

Reactions: DIRTRACER15

·
Registered
86 Posts
Do you really need "Genuine" H-D parts? Check the catalogs and internet. Sometimes the aftermarket parts are better than the original.

Just sayin'

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My limited experience with the aftermarket parts I have tried has not been good. Not much with Harley but with older metric bikes. Harley parts for my bike have been available and the quality has been good.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts