V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a lift for my Heritage Classic. Seen some at Costco, Sam's Club, Harbor Frieght and in the Harley Catalog. Harley wants around $350, Harbor Freight, Costco and Sam's have one for about $150.

Does anyone own or use any of these? How is the quality and reliablity of the $150 ones? I have never bought a cycle lift before but have bought a hydraulic jack from Sam's. It works fine but I can tell a difference from the more expensive ones that I used at school.

How is the one Harley offers? Would it be worth the extra money? I like saving money but $200 would mean nothing if the bike was to fall off the least expensive ones. I would be into repairs way more than $200.

Any help and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been using the Sam's Club one. It's OK. Made me a little nervous the first time I used it though. It seemed a little unstable. I've gotton used to it now. Just be sure you don't use it on a really sloping driveway. I think as far as just a quick glance that the HD goes up a little higher, but I'm not sure about that.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I had this same question awhile back (never posted it). A guy I met here in this forum told me about a lift that Sears sells. He bought it and said it's great. He said it was heavy duty. The way I remember him telling me how to find it is: go to Sear's website, type in "motorcycle" in their search engine block and then you'll see the lift.
Wish you luck.

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
i just got the sears craftsman lift. it is awesome and easy to use. it is made real heavy duty and i am confident in it. it has "hard locks" built in so it doesnt rely on the bottle jack to keep lifted, but i am sure that most do. i bought mine when it was on sale for $89.99, regular price is $129.99. im confident you wont find a better lift for the money! ohh by the way i have a heritage softail too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip on searching for lifts on the forum. I found some good info this way. I also searched the web and found this web site.

http://www.cyclelifts.com

Anyone heard or used these. They cost about $450 plus $50 shipping. Not so sure I want to spend this much.

I am going to check more into the Craftsman lift, sounds like everyone that has one really likes it.

Thanks for all of the replies!!!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
HERE is another one.

It depends a lot how much work you will do on the bike. Sure the little chinese jacks lift the bike off the ground, but if you intend to use it a lot to work on the bike and have the money, the large lifts that lift the bike way off the ground, putting the engine at waist level, make working on the bike much faster and easier.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How did you go about purchasing the Craftsman/Sears lift? I would doubt they would have one in stock at my local Sears mall store or would they? Any info on this would be sincerely appreciated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bike Lift

I bought my lift from sears and I am very happy with it. It is very stable and easy to use. I think it makes it easy to clean your scooter when you are cleaning it up. My local Sears had to order it for me and it was shipped in whitin three days. I only paid $99.00 plus tax when i got mine.

PJMAC

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Like cowman, I got mine from Sam's Club and its the same one that is in the link, but it was $89.00. It's perfect for changing tires and cleaning the wheels. Guess you just have to shop around. The Craftsman is a nice lift too.

Jockeyshift

·
Registered
27 Posts
The sears lift is great. If Sears does not stock it go to an OSH hardware store if you have one in your area. The lifts are great for the cost. As far as stablity and beefyness they are just as good as the $400 to $500 ones. They are mass produced in China so with the cheep labor, the cost is driven down. I think they are better. The safety latch is dummy proof, it will lock in position as you raise the bike to your desired height. Some of the more expensive ones did not even have a anchor point for tie downs. They state you don't need tie downs for their lift. My bike will get tieded down no matter how high I lift it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I got the one at Sams ($100) last year. It is very similar to the one at Sears, but have not seen them both in action. The one Sam's now carries has changed from the horizontal bars to four screw type Vs for the frame. Don't know how well they work, but would suggest that one wouldn't need the plastic spacers for softails if they had it.
On the Sam's one, I notice a bit movement from front to back, but it is
solid from side to side. don't know if I could knock the bike off if I tried.

Cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
The Sears lift works great, and that handle you see in the pic above is handy (push down, and rotate like your lawnmower) for moving around a crowded garage. My OL continues to pack bull$**** in there, it's like a boot camp obstacle course! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts