V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have plans for constructing a motorcycle lift? I know you can buy them, but I'm too cheap.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Pikeslayer

Can't say I ever saw a set of plans for one. That would be a great project. Are you more interested in using an inclined plane or air to actuate the table? I bet if you looked at whats out there and could put a measuring tape on one, your problem would solved.-2$en#e-

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,630 Posts
kinneydr54 said:
For the time and money, you can get one at Harbor Freight about the same price as building one.
Or you could get the Sears Aluminum one which is better and still save money.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have the tools and ability to build a table lift. But after I got looking at one I decided I'd spent almost as much in materials as it would cost just to buy one. I ended up buying the Direct Lift. $600 to my door. If you spent much time wrenching on bikes you really need to invest in a table lift. It lowers enough that I can park my pickup over it.

For some reason I've gotten kinda popular with my buddies that ride! :whisper:

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roadie said:
Can't say I ever saw a set of plans for one. That would be a great project. Are you more interested in using an inclined plane or air to actuate the table? I bet if you looked at whats out there and could put a measuring tape on one, your problem would solved.-2$en#e-
I'm leaning toward the table lift style. Anyone know of any good threads in this forum discussing lifts? We all know how bad the search function is here.

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think that's the ticket!

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
Pikeslayer said:
Anybody have plans for constructing a motorcycle lift? I know you can buy them, but I'm too cheap.

If you're really cheap, you'll buy one from Sears. I've seen them on sale for less than
$75. You can't buy the materials for that.

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
newultraclassic said:
If you're really cheap, you'll buy one from Sears. I've seen them on sale for less than
$75. You can't buy the materials for that.
Sears doesn't sell table lifts.................all they sell is the small lifts.

Steve

·
Registered
179 Posts
Greg Smith Equipment has the same lift as HF, only cheaper. gregsmithequipment.com 1.800.262.1950 Indiana and 1.800.715.1950 in Delaware.

·
Registered
822 Posts
dusty67 said:
Greg Smith Equipment has the same lift as HF, only cheaper. gregsmithequipment.com 1.800.262.1950 Indiana and 1.800.715.1950 in Delaware.

That's the Direct Lift. I've had mine a year now. I love it. Best $600 for tools I ever spent.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Keep in mind, with a table lift, you still need a lift to jack the bike off the tires. Unless all you do is jack it up to polish it.

·
Registered
822 Posts
berserker said:
Keep in mind, with a table lift, you still need a lift to jack the bike off the tires. Unless all you do is jack it up to polish it.

Ditto that. I use the hell out of the scissor jack on my table lift. I think it cost me an extra $75.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts