V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info on bike lifts. Don't want to spend an arm and a leg for one.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Craftsman

I just saw a review (today as a matter of fact) of a new lift from Craftsman that is supposedly less than 120.00. It is in the new HOT BIKE magazine. It looked pretty good....I'm going to Sears tomorrow to inquire further..... I'll let you know.....

Tony:cool:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just picked up a Craftsman lift about 2 weeks ago. I got it for $99.95, but had to keep checking in everyday until they got some in stock.
It only takes about 10 minutes to assemble (mount jack, T-handle, & foot pump). It comes with 2 ratcheting tie-downs also. It is rated for lifting 1500 lbs.
I had to buy some adaptors from H-D because I have a Dyna Lowrider. The adaptor I got has 4 separate pieces; each piece slips onto the bottom of the frame, and the arms of the lift contact these adaptor blocks to lift. There is another adaptor available, but it was too wide to fit my lift. The parts guy and salesman at the dealership think the adaptor I got is too cool, and they are going to get a set for themselves!
Good luck with the Craftsman, I hope you find one and don't have to wait on it.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Stupid question, but is there any rubbing from the contact points of the jack or by the straps on the handle bars/frame when one uses such a lift?

·
Registered
686 Posts
This was talked about before somewhere, I got one from sams club $89 called torin big red (I think) works fine, I had to buy tie downs. I saw the same one yesterday at fleet farm $99.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks DPRICE for the past thread. Sounds like Craftsman is the way to go for my price range. My bagger has a clearance of 5 1/2 in and the Craftmans lowers to 5 1/8. Should be good to go...

:) Frank

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just found out that the Craftsmans on sale for $99. But they didn't give me a time frame when sale ends.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts