V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is in the right forum:) I have been looking for bike covers, but have not seen anything posted as of yet, I did a search:confused: What kind of covers are good for a few times over night, my bike will be kept in a garage, but I would like a cover for when I go on vacation:) Thank you for any coments you may have:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
(joke) If you are going to park your bike outside, a cover that says Honda Goldwing would be a good idea!!! :D

Yes, you got the right forum. I think (???) quite a while back there was some discussion of covers?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Markcuda said:
. . . What kind of covers are good for a few times over night, my bike will be kept in a garage, but I would like a cover for when I go on vacation:) Thank you for any coments you may have:cool:
If this is all you need one for, I'd say just use a queen/king size sheet. It'll do just as good.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Check out WWW.exigentbikecovers.com . I bought one for my Fatboy and one for my son's Sportster. We used them on a two week trip this summer and they worked great. They are waterproof and compact and priced right. We covered both bikes with these black covers, cabled them together , and turned on my alarm. No problems.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you DesertRat:) They look like what I need

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
pasadenajim said:
(joke) If you are going to park your bike outside, a cover that says Honda Goldwing would be a good idea!!!
LOL! man, that's just not right.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I went with the H-D cover for my touring bike. I got one without the logo. Didn't need to advertise what was under the cover. If you go to the parts section of Chicago's H-D dealer, you can order them at 20% off.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Besides the covers I bought from Exigent, I had already tried the H-D cover. It's a good cover but doesn't fold up nearly as small as the Exigent. It takes up almost my whole bag on one side.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I bought the HD storm one that costs too much (-20% of course). I figured that it should take anything that comes it's way plus it looked extremely strudy. Now since I bought it 2 years ago I've actually used it 0 times outdoors. It's alot easier to just cover the seat :)

I agree with Straydog and the sheets. If you just want to cover it in the garage why bother taking the time to nicely fit the bike cover and then later stuff it into a sack? Just throw a sheet over it.
Brian

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bought an HD cover two years ago - used it religiously for, oh...two nights, and then said screw it... easier to use a motel towel to dry off the seat and ride in the mornings. That's when I don't back it into the motel room at night, of course.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I've used the Exigent for several years now. It's a great cover. Covers well, dries quickly, folds up small. Great for trips

1 - 11 of 11 Posts