V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggetions for a good cover??? I hear that dowco and nelson-rigg make a good one, but would like to know if one is better than the other, or if there is a better one out there. Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
I bought the cover from HD. It is a very nice cover with heat resistant fabric on both sides and Velcro openings in t he back for the antennas. It comes with a storage case too. I got the one without the logo. Didn't want to advertise what was under the cover. A dealer in FL sent me a flyer with 25% off of accessories and cloths. Boy did I save some money, I think. The cover is normally about $105. There might be cheaper ones, but with the quality of the cover and the 25% discount, it was a good deal.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I got the same one from Harley but it does have the eagle and bar-and-shield on front and says Harley-Davidson on back. It's very nice. It also has the velcro opening in the back to allow the antenna's to go through. A little tricky to put on at first but I can do it in a snap now.

·
Registered
458 Posts
:) I have a Nelson-Rigg for my Ultra, and a friend has a Dowco for his Road King. In my book the Nelson Rigg looks like its built a little better.
If I buy another it would be a Nelson- Rigg again. ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Doesn't matter if you get the H-D cover without the logos. My friend had his bagger covered with a Goldwing cover and they took the bike and left the cover on the ground. Any good thief can tell the difference between a H-D bagger and a Goldwing or whatever just by the shape of the bike under the cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts