V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question submitted about a new Ultra on a recent post asked, "What extras do I need?"

Several people suggested performance options but few addressed all that other stuff that HD offers in the 2006, 832 page parts and accessories catalog.

Therefore, what would be your top five (or ten) suggestions for 'must have' accessories for a touring bike?

For example, I would suggest:

- Passenger Grab Rail. HD put them on every bagger for years til '06. Now it costs $128 for what was a standard item. Still worth it. Fits fine if tour pac is in rear position. The rail is great for giving new passengers a sense of security and for securing gear during road trips.

- Saddlebag Guard Bags. These are super handy but best part is they protect the front of hard saddlebags from rock dings.

- "Chrome Passenger Footpeg Mounting Kit." The stock passenger floorboards hit me in the back of the legs when I'm backing the bike in parking lots. With the footpeg mounting kit, there are lots of options for passenger foot pegs that are lighter weight and not in the way. Also, if you do your own maintenance, you will love getting the passenger floorboard out of the way.

- Highway pegs. Your choice.

- Tour-Pac Luggage Rack. Great for extra storage of all that stuff one gathers at Sturgis, etc.

What items would you suggest?

·
Premium Member
225 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Smitty,

Thanks for your input!

I had to chuckle when you suggested the multi-pocket windshield pouch. Bought one a couple of days ago and plan to intall it this evening.

Didn't need it on my FLHT as it did not have a radio - so I had that wonderful glove box. With the Ultra, you need some where to store the small stuff as the lowers will be off in the summertime.

John

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
My #1 is a rider backrest, Then comes Progressive 440 Shocks..JMHO

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
1. Rider adjustable backrest

2. Highway Pegs

3. Xm radio (just bought mine....love it)

4. Heated Vest

5. Heated Seat

·
Registered
206 Posts
to quote Megaglide; "scotch and rubbers".:laugh: :chopper:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts