V-Twin Forum banner

Morning all

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Hooli 
#1 ·
Hiya,

I got my first HD last weekend when I picked up my 21MY Sport Glide from Edinburgh, the 240 miles back via the Scottish borders made for a nice way to start to get used to it. I'm enjoying it so far & glad I swapped my Triumph Sprint GT for it. I couldn't fault the Sprint, but I don't tend to ride fast enough to need a sporty bike & prefer to be comfy. My Sport Glide is more than fast enough for me and seems all day comfy. It's now in my stable along with a Suzuki GSX1400, Honda Hornet 600 & '76 Triumph Bonneville.

I've already got a Cobra can on the way & a Fuelpak4 as it needs a bit more noise. I'm trying to work out if I can get a sissy bar and rack which still allows the panniers to be used, as all the ones I've seen for sale appear to use the same mounting points. But I guess I'll find the right forum to ask that question.

I'm sure you've all seen one before, but this is my bike when I collected it.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Fuel tank

See less See more
#7 ·
He has the factory detachable back rest. It works with panniers.
Aye I spoke to a dealer & found out what the 'docking kit' was, new bobbins so both the bar & the panniers fit. So I've ordered a bar & rack from Germany I like that came with them.

I'm hoping the place in the US I ordered the exhaust from are just bad at updating ebay. I paid for the can a week ago & as yet it's not marked as dispatched, nor have they answered my enquiry about it. It was a lot cheaper ordering from over there, but if they don't post it then it's a waste of time.

#6 ·
Ok then, I didn't take many pics on the way back but I can show you the Scottish border at Carter Bar & a bit of the English side of the Cheviot Hills in Northumberland. It was only about 6c at the warmest so I had my heated gear on & planned to get home before it was too late, it's 4 1/2hrs each way so a long day. Hence not much sight seeing & I've ridden this area lots before so know it myself.

I'm sure I'll do many miles on this, so will have plenty of pics over the years to come. I've explored most of the UK on other bikes plus a lot of Europe, but I'll do a lot of it again on this one I'm sure.

Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle

Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Ecoregion

#11 ·
Standard size for a UK bike plate. Looks ok to me on a big bike like this, they look stupid on a sports bike & on my '76 Bonnie the plate is wider than the cylinder head! hence that one has a smaller illegal plate but I've never been stopped for it yet.

#12 ·
First mod done.

My sissy bar and rack arrived, so fitted the rack to the sissy bar during a very boring online meeting and put the whole lot on the bike with the fitting kit once I finished work.

It'll only be on for trips and rallies so I've got somewhere to strap my tent and hat. But it looks the part too.

I'll have to update my sig now.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.