V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RUNVS
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the looks and pricing of the new Samson fishtails, but I am torn between the short or the long mufflers. To me it looks like you have the short ones, is this right?

On the Samson website the pictures don't really give me a good idea of what the lengths look like. All the pics I have seen are all at angles. Do your pipes extend past the rear tire at all? If so how much. I have a heritage softail and they have pretty large bags and I don't want the pipes to not be seen under the bags. That makes me want the longs, but on thier website it looks like the longs extend past the rear fender and I think that will look to long.

Do you have any more photos that you can show me of your bike? Specifically a shot looking straight on from the side so I can see the length.

Thanks,
Curtis

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
I didn't get the long ones because i thought they would hit going up a ramp , driveway, also when you back your bike into a curb i know i would hit them. I don't think you'll have any problems seeing you pipes. I'll try posting some pics if it dosen't work pm me with your email and i'll send.

·
RUNVS
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the pics. you made my decision. the short ones it is!!!

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
you know mori that is a fine looking machine you got there. i see you took the grab rail off on the seat was that due to the rear pillon you have?
I took the rail off because of the bag guards.

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
mori55 said:
also when you back your bike into a curb i know i would hit them.

Love the look, that's why I got them too. And by the way a bro saw mine and said "hey when did you put the curb finders on".

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
vafatboy said:
Love the look, that's why I got them too. And by the way a bro saw mine and said "hey when did you put the curb finders on".
You know your showing your age talking about curb finders. I remember seeing them on cars. I had a 39 street rod that i did retro and found a set for it , they were neat looking.

·
RUNVS
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mori55 I bought the short muffler version. I just received them today. I am trying to install them and I ran across a problem. For the life of me I can't seem to get the mufflers on the header pipes far enough. They need to go on about a 1/2" more to line up with the bracket holes but i can't do it. I even put alittle oil on the end to help it slide better. Did you have this problem??

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts