V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't hear this in the media?

Stanley Black & Decker Opens a New Window. announced on Wednesday that it was investing $90 million in a plant in Texas – a move aimed at continuing its effort to shift production of a range of Craftsman products back to the U.S from China. Opens a New Window.

The new 425,000-square-foot facility will be located in Fort Worth.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/stanley-black-decker-craftsman-production

·
Registered
10,303 Posts
I wish we could get those industries here, but the politicians ruin it by leaking the news to the media. Caterpillar was coming and were going to put up with the shallow port in Wilmington, NC. News leaked land prices went up and they went to Charleston. They drove BMW to Greenville, Continental Can Co. operates like an independent city as they have their own electric plant sewer etc. Politicians hurt themselves bringing natural gas and sewer lines. The can company said forget this chit and now grow 1,000 acres of pine trees.

Yes this is a poor county 30 minutes from Myrtle Beach. Good for retirees as the price of a house in the county next door will buy a farm in my county. Our problem is the 'good ol boy' syndrome. Our county commissioners are the influential business owners too. No college degree dealing in government proceedings just get elected.

tarheel

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know a retired carpenter that told me about our old mayor back in the late 60's and 70's. Man went in the elected office as a average poor Joe and came out a millionaire. Made land deals on subdivisions he claims. well actually he says "I know the dirty [email protected] made those deals to fck me out of the deal"

I remember when Craftsman was the sh!t, back when I was 16( yep I had my own tools already at 16) I took in my old craftsman ratchet that lost it's rotation to do that lifetime exchange for free, I was high as a kite that day and went to the wrong store. I should have been at Sears, but instead I was arguing with the manager of kuesters' about the exchange, I kept telling him craftsman, he kept telling me we sell Stanley tools, lol

·
Registered
605 Posts
I know a retired carpenter that told me about our old mayor back in the late 60's and 70's. Man went in the elected office as a average poor Joe and came out a millionaire.
There was an article I read many years ago that stated ALL the governor, senators, and congressmen leave office being a millionaire..... Look at Maxine Watters... Lives in a 4.3 million dollar home, not in her predominately black seat.... If that peanut butter eating imbecile can do it anyone can..

I personally think that is what the muslims and Cortez are all about... Making money

1 - 4 of 4 Posts