V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got finished installing chrome passenger footpeg supports (49249-06) replacing the stock wrinkle black units and also installed a chrome replacement oil filler spout (62511-06) which takes the place of the stock silver powder coated unit.

Also have a K&N air filter (HD-0800) on the way to replace the Screamin Eagle paper filter and a Kuryakyn LED taillight (which will be the first non-Harley part on the bike).

Someone has got to come and disconnect my internet connection because I can't quit buying stuff.

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
Screw that. I say roll with it. Literally. Install a chrome plated laptop console with wi-fi and you can just shop n' go. :harhar:

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
Cobra....I'm happy with the few Kuryakyn parts I have on my WG. The mirrors with the LED turn signals in them are GREAT. However, also take a look at the Arlen Ness website and check out his lights and all the other goodies. http://shop.arlenness.com

Pricey but super. I have an Arlen Ness recessed taillight and license plate bracket and Arlen Ness grips (the ringed kind). Please post a picture when you get a chance. Oh, and don't disconnect your internet.....or you'll have too much extra cash sitting around. May cause you to drink more.

Semper Fi,
Steve....Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Hey i', getting pretty friendly with the UPS man. I am now a regular stop!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
steveusmc said:
Cobra....I'm happy with the few Kuryakyn parts I have on my WG. The mirrors with the LED turn signals in them are GREAT. However, also take a look at the Arlen Ness website and check out his lights and all the other goodies. http://shop.arlenness.com

Pricey but super. I have an Arlen Ness recessed taillight and license plate bracket and Arlen Ness grips (the ringed kind). Please post a picture when you get a chance. Oh, and don't disconnect your internet.....or you'll have too much extra cash sitting around. May cause you to drink more.

Semper Fi,
Steve....Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003
Thanks for the tip on the Arlen Ness site...I didn't even think about looking there for items.

All my latest pictures are on my website. http://www.powercobra98.com/harley They don't show the supports or spout I just installed but they show everything else. I'm curious to see how much more light the LED taillight will put out. I figured this is more of a safety item than anything else plus it makes the wife happy. I'll try to post a before and after picture of the taillight when the brake is applied, hopefully the camera will show the difference (if there is any).

Semper Fi yourself
USMC 1993-1997

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
There is a guy on Ebay who sells the smoked turn signal lenses for about $20. You get all four (plus some yellow bulbs), they snap right in and add a little custom touch to a new bike. Might want to look him up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
JamieWG said:
There is a guy on Ebay who sells the smoked turn signal lenses for about $20.
I've got the clear lenses with stock clear bulbs... not legal but still quite effective...

ciao...

F

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just ordered some more new parts yesterday:

Bullet Turn Signal Trim Ring Kit - Front (69754-04) (Clear with yellow bulbs)
Bullet Turn Signal Trim Ring Kit - Rear (69755-04) (Clear with yellow bulbs)
Visor Style Headlamp Trim Ring (69735-05)

Buying parts is addictive...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For anyone curious, the bullet turn signal trim ring kits with the clear lenses and the amber lights look KILLER. I'd recommened them in a second...in fact that's what I'm doing now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts