V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Why is it that the true idiots take innocent people with them when they go?

We had an incident were the driver wrapped a car around a telephone pole and killed his best friend and two young girls (who sneeked out of the house). This jerk walked away from a car fire that took their lives! He's doing time now, it'll never be enough time as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
594 Posts
1) How can you still be driving after wrecking 5 cars by the time your 17?

2) How could he be allowed to be in control (or out of control) of a rocketship like a WRX? Those things are so darn quick.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
3twins said:
1) How can you still be driving after wrecking 5 cars by the time your 17?

2) How could he be allowed to be in control (or out of control) of a rocketship like a WRX? Those things are so darn quick.
1)I think the "5 cars" thing was a bit of a tall tale. That quote did come from a classmate.

2)NO SH!T....A WRX is not a car for a new driver. I tried to buy a 76 Camaro when I was 16. My dad test drove it, got a speeding ticket and I ended up driving a Yugo (laugh it up!)

My vote is bad parenting.#[email protected]

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Could have been me at that age. I had a Mach I Mustang that was fast enough to get myself & many others killed -- and I exercised very little self control. Nothing my parents could have done to slow me down. They prayed for me I know, and that's the only reason I'm here.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
PR3VS56 said:
Could have been me at that age. I had a Mach I Mustang that was fast enough to get myself & many others killed -- and I exercised very little self control. Nothing my parents could have done to slow me down. They prayed for me I know, and that's the only reason I'm here.
I built a hot rod when I was 16, thought it gave me permission to drive anyway I wanted to and no matter what my parents said or did in my mind I was Superman, (I left home when I was 15) I somehow managed to live through that era without taking anyone else out either...

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
PR3VS56 said:
I had a 68 Camaro SS with a 396 when I was 16. By the grace of god I'm still here and didn't kill myself or someone else!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I had a Vespa! :Dennis

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
I had a '77 3/4 ton pickup and still almost managed to kill myself.

There was a kid at a neighboring school whose parents had too much money... boy got a Viper (no kidding) for his 18th b-day/graduation. Wrapped the thing around a tree.

I also knew a girl that either had an accident or got a ticket every month for the first 9 months she was driving. The 7th ticket was for rear-ending a police officer at a stop light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts