V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will this be worth it,or will it even help.
I currently have the 203 cams installed and it dynoed at 78hp and 85tq, how much will I gain if I have the comp bumped up.
Oh yea bike is a 06 ElectraGlide EFI.
Waiting for comments, this might be a great way to boost performance.

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
It will help some. To boost the compression, you could measure the combustion chambers and the mill them to known size. You could also change to a cometic .030" head gasket. This would only add a couple tenths of a point at best but it does effect the quench. The deck height could also be adjusted to obtain the best quench. This also retains the stock head gasket. This can give more compression than just the cometic as it tightens everything up, deck height and quench.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
springer- said:
It will help some. To boost the compression, you could measure the combustion chambers and the mill them to known size. You could also change to a cometic .030" head gasket. This would only add a couple points at best but it does effect the quench. The deck height could also be adjusted to obtain the best quench. This also retains the stock head gasket. This can give more compression than just the cometic as it tightens everything up, deck height and quench.
How much Springer, I mean would it help enough to do it, and what would be the cost of this mod.
I would think it would help with the tq alot but I'll wait for your opinion.

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
Tnford27 said:
How much Springer, I mean would it help enough to do it, and what would be the cost of this mod.
I would think it would help with the tq alot but I'll wait for your opinion.
Thats a tough question to answer... First you need to know what you have. The combustion chamber sizes vary from 84cc's to over 90cc's. Typically falling into 86-87cc's. As for cost, I'd find a local place that can do the job so you don't have to get into shipping charges. A rough guess with decking the cylinders, measuring and milling the heads, gasket set and labor would probably put you into the $300-$500 range, depending on how much you do yourself.

Examples...

Assuming 87cc chambers, .020 below deck height, stock head gasket, flat top pistons. Around 8.2:1

Assuming 85cc, .010 above deck, stock head gasket, flat tops. Around 8.75:1

Assuming 82cc. .010 above deck, stock HG, flat tops. Around 9.0:1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts