V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had experiance with the OEM mufflers that have been modified and are on Ebay. These are selling by under the name of Stage 1 , Stage 2 and Stage 3 . Each has a slight difference in tone. Another sells by the name max 1, max 2 and max 3. they are new dealer take offs and have been modified. Each say that the 1's and 2's can be ran with no other changes(a/c, remap) however the 3's need the a/c and remap. I would appreciate any comments.

·
Passin' through
332 Posts
Hey RoadkingIbe: I went the "affordable" route by getting the "stage 2" slipons on ebay for about $140. These were OEM RK mufflers (perfect fit for my 05 FLRHCI). I forget the name of the guy who drills out the baffle stops, but I got what I paid for: louder, but without the deep rumble I was hoping for. My justification which you could adopt, was this is an interim patch until an eventual upgrade to something better... I'm not disapointed, just resigned.
BTW, I'm looking at some Fullsacs cuz I'm a slow learner.
Flashkev

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
RoadkingIbe said:
Has anyone had experiance with the OEM mufflers that have been modified and are on Ebay. These are selling by under the name of Stage 1 , Stage 2 and Stage 3 . Each has a slight difference in tone. Another sells by the name max 1, max 2 and max 3. they are new dealer take offs and have been modified. Each say that the 1's and 2's can be ran with no other changes(a/c, remap) however the 3's need the a/c and remap. I would appreciate any comments.
I just went with the FullSac OEM modified mufflers. A good choice in my opinion, and I have been through three other exhaust systems.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I would think with some help from the group here you could drill them out yourself and save yourself some cash. for that kind of money you could buy a set of cycle shack slip ons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts