V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know of or start a model specific forum?

For instance, with my Deuce, which has some very specific fitment and availability issues, I would really like to know:

1. What fork braces do owners have and could they tell a difference?

2. Anyone try a wider front tire and/or wheel but still clear the stock fender?

3. What make/model handlebars are owners putting on to bring the grip up and back a bit?

4. Backrest/luggage rack options? - I've got the tall backrest w/ HD luggage rack which leads to......

5. Bags and mounting systems? I like a quick release but don't want to drill into the struts. T-Bags was great to deal with - got a roll bag for the Yamaha? Virago model and it fit great!

6. Anyone go slightly wider (165 or 170) on stock rear wheel?

7. What is available for custom rear swingarms and are ANY under $1,000?

8. Fingers tired, must go to bed now, thanks for your time!

·
Registered
201 Posts
There's a really active Deuce forum over on Yahoo:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/deuce_owners/

1. A few folks over there tried the new Screaming Eagle fork brace and I recall some problems with fitment. Don't know of any others available.

5. I had the MoCo hard bags on mine but took 'em off when I got the Road King. The bags pop right off but the supports alone look like crap but built like a brick chithouse. If you have small hands (I do) you can get the supports off in about 10 minutes, 20 to put 'em on.

6. Folks over there have put 180's on the back but only a certain brand to insure clearance. Can't recall which.

7. Are you talking about chromed swing arm? The MoCo goes for about $550 as I recall.

I know I didn't help much but join the forum over on Yahoo and ask away. A good bunch of folks that are more than willing to help out.

-jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANK YOU!

Gentlemen,

Thank you soooo much!

Greatly appreciated!

Happy and safe travels,

R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts