V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen on my local news that MOCO is issuing a recall on 2017 M8 street glide road glide road king and one other model for an oil line that can pop off spewing oil on the rear tire.They said 8 or 9 reports have been made and 1 resulting in injury so far.They said about 46000 units involved.

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
I saw that. That bike was some pretty and the sticker in the back ground was only 24 and change. If I showed up at my buddies house in Jersey on that he would have a stroke.lol.

Sent from my Z818L using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,313 Posts
I read the preliminary service notification. And it looks like some folks at York screwed the pooch.

NHTSA says:
the oil line clamps (part numbers 10198, 10080 and 10344) on motorcycles produced from July 2, 2016 to May 9, 2017, may not have been installed correctly. This may cause an oil line to dettach, resulting in a sudden loss of engine oil.
But if you ride a scooter built time period, be safe and check it yourself before you ride it again.

You can enter your vin Here: https://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/owners/maintain-your-bike/service-recalls.html and see if you are involved in the recall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts