V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my bike in the Katrina flood. I owned it for just a little over a year. I purchased the Ext Warranty and was wondering, since I never even ran out the factory warranty would MOCO reimburse me for the ext warranty?

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
The extended warranty runs concurrently with the factory warranty for the first two years, but the good news is that the extended warranty has a provision for selling it back. I bought one, then realized it was a mistake and sold it back. If you don't sell it back within the first 30 days, you don't get all your money back, but at less than a year you will get most of it (I don't recall the calculations for selling it back after more than 30 days). The sooner you do it the better for you. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Lefty

·
Ridin' with the King
1,352 Posts
Yep, you should get some cash back. I have done this on a few of my vehicles after selling them. They won't tell you, you have to ask the dealer where you bought it and they will help you get your refund. Good luck and God bless. :)

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Definately as long as you never accessed it. just tell em you want to cash it out. You might not want to mention that it was a loss, they could have some loophole in there for that.
Sorry about your loss, hope you and your friends and family are all OK!

·
Finally
839 Posts
I just cancelled mine. It is prorated, so however many months you have had it is what you pay for unless you had a claim. They did charge an admin fee of $40 since I had it longer than 60 days. I thought it was a good idea at first. I then bought a service manual and read through it. Figured out real quick I can work on this myself once the regular warranty is gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts