V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guys offering these so called power pack Redline oil deals that are bike specific. I would assume that using Redline is going to be just as good as using Mobil1.......correct? I know a lot here use the Heavy Shock and MTL but then use Mobil1 in the motor. The hat,sticker,funnel and cleaner are just fluff but the oil shoud be just as good I figure.

http://youroilshop.com/powerpacks.htm

·
Registered
133 Posts
Redline is good oil. It's a Group V ester-based synthetic and can handle extreme heat better than many other synthetics.
Mobil 1 is also a good oil. It's a Group IV PAO-based synthetic and is also able to handle heat really well.

While ester-based oils will generally hold up to severe heat longer than PAO's, the point is moot because the engine can't withstand the heat required to prove the point. ;)

I've used both, and for me the cost of Redline put it out of the picture.
Redline 20W-50- $11 qt. plus approx. $3 qt. shipping.
Mobil 1 15W-50- $20 for 5 qt. jug at Wal-Mart. ($4 qt.)

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Glyder,

That's from Bishop's Performance. Good people there. You can also order any of those fluids in specific quanities instead of the powerpack packages.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I buy the power packs from a local indy shop. The only thing I don't like is the Tranny fluid. I have found that Mobil 1 75/140 works better for me then the shock proof heavy. The 20/60 is great though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Red Line Oil

www.myoilshop.com (Racer Parts Wholesale)

10% discount --put 'MOS10' in order form to get the 10%

Additional 10% discount for case qty.
Shipped same day from stock out of Indianapolis.

Full disclosure: I own Racer Parts Wholesale which bought myoilshop in May 2007.

Tom Volk

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
IMO the three best choices out there are synthetic.
Mobil 1, Red Line & Amsoil (in any order)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts