V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The write-ups certainly sound promising with, among other benefits, a higher resistance to thermal breakdown (+300 deg. F.). Has anyone here switched from conventional HD oil to the Mobile 1 synthetic yet?

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Re: NOPE

95 FXST said:
Nobody here. Good topic though. I don't think this had been discussed before.
If my memory serves me, we've had a number of threads regarding oil (dino v. synthetic, does synthetic void warranty, should you change out all fluids to synthetic? is synthetic worth the cost?, etc.). In some groups, oil discussions are affectionately referred to as the "dreaded oil thread" and there are oftentimes very strong views on the subject. The most current "oil" discussion is going on in the Touring Forum.

Let's see if anyone is up to having the pot stirred about this topic.

;)

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I don't see why it would stir the pot as I could care less what anyone runs in their bike.

If italian dressing or olive oil makes you happy go for it. :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Everyone knows that Italian is better than dino dressing.

And olive oil causes your base gaskets to leak.

And both void your warranty!!!

Oh, I forgot to add that blue cheese is so slick that your bearings will slide. And that voids you're warranty, too. The dealer told me so, guess it must be true. ;)

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I'll talk about oil when I strike some in my back yard.

Come and listen to my story
bout a man named Red
he busted up his bike
but at least he isn't dead
and then one day
he was running through the grass,
when a chicken crossed the yard,
so he chased the chickens A$$.

Egg Hole that is
should a known better
I got yer Cackle.

Bla HA CockADoodleDoY'all! HA!

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
'sorry, PT and 95. Just playin'.

The "oil" question comes up a lot. And everyone has an opinion on it. Some riders swear by Mobil1. Others swear by other brands. And still others will tell you that if you change your fluids regularly per the Manual, whatever you use will be just fine. Make your own choice.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
The Mobile 1 line is excellent as I have used their products in various race engines over the years, and many High Performance vehciles use their "blends"....

As their new V-Twin Synthetic Oil? I would assume (the focus on assume) the oil would be at minimal as good as the H-D stuff, and since this is one of their primary products (Synthetic Oils) it might be even better.

BUT, only testing and time will truly tell... :rolleyes:

·
<{{{><
170 Posts
I have used Mobil v-twin for over 2 years and I like it. Still change it very 2500 miles. No hits, no runs, no errors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts