V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm glad someone like Elvis is supporting the FXR platform. I just can't pay his prices. I've been able to find most of what I wanted by deep searching Craigslist. It also pays to know parts that interchange between the FXR and Sportsters. I found a luggage rack for an FXRT on CL for $40 from a Sportster guy (that had used it on his Sportster). Stuff is out there.

Greg

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
You would be Very Surprised how many Parts exchange from Sportster to FXR... Much More than the old SuperGlide to Sportster in fact!!

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
565 Posts
Dont forget the whole front end.. that's my best shot to get rid of the wide glide crap. Sporty stuff with new springs.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Dont forget the whole front end.. that's my best shot to get rid of the wide glide crap. Sporty stuff with new springs.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Exactly like the good ole days.. Sportster to SuperGlide... especially after 1982 or so... when even the Trees are the same..

Quick Note on Trees... the fork stops are different untill quite a bit later... maybe even the 39mm which are Identical..

·
Loctite Enthusiast
37 Posts
Looking for a pair of side panels for a 1982 fxr. Anybody know where I could get a set.
I’ve bought at least 6 pair on eBay. Chrome and painted.

·
Registered
1993 Harley-Davidson FXRP
72 Posts
I have a set of stock covers. The chrome is not in the greatest shape but they would be a nice pair to powder coat or paint . I hit them with a red 3M scuff pads and they started cleaning up but they would look best if painted.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I have a set of stock covers. The chrome is not in the greatest shape but they would be a nice pair to powder coat or paint . I hit them with a red 3M scuff pads and they started cleaning up but they would look best if painted.
I do Not remember any Stock in Chrome...But... IDK

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I have a friend that has a pair but getting him to sell them is like pulling teeth. He closed his shop a few years ago and has a lot of old stuff. He doesn't have alot of fxr but he had a pair of side covers.

·
Registered
1993 Harley-Davidson FXRP
72 Posts
Mabe they are repop then I’m not sure. They were on my friends 1986 Fxr and the bike was pretty stock. If he is interested I could take a pic and post them . They are at my shop though. But if he wants them just let me know

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a set of chrome covers off my '93 as well as the chrome rear master cylinder cover and the lower cover on the driver's side. They were in plastic when I started my build and installed but in new condition. Not sure what they are worth or if I'm allowed to even offer them for sale here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I won a set of blue plastic ones on ebay today for $64. Thank you for the offer.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts