V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the problem I was having with the occasional engine miss at 2000-2300 rpm seems to have resolved itself. It might have been a fouled plug and as I rode the machine (close to 200 miles) it seems to have cleared up.

Mike M

·
Registered
206 Posts
Had Miss at just-off-idle w/ EFI Bike...

FWIW,
My '02 FLHTCI had an off-idle miss, that was like a cough/stumble when the throttle was cracked open at idle.

It went away after the first 400-500 miles. I was kinda surprised it did it, with the new delphi EFI. Must of been a little too lean?
Stock A/C...

It doesn't have any miss or cough with the SE A/C and stage-1 re-flash. Will add the PCIIIr this weekend with a new map, and I can't wait to see if that helps.

Mitch

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coming up on 700 miles now and "miss" problem has almost disappeared. Still happens on occasion when on the cold side. I too was surprised though that this is occuring at all with the Delphi EFI. Since I am at altitude in Denver and most of my riding is at 5000 to 10,000 feet of elevation, I wonder if I should consider a reflash at my 1000 mile service?

What do you think?

MIke M

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
If I recall correctly you said you had a big bore done before delivery. If this is the case you already have the correct reflash in the ECM, or at least you should.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, did get the Big Bore kit. The dealer did suggest we put it on the dyno to see whats happening when the miss occurs. We'll see if it's still even happening at 1K. It has occurred far less often over time and miles.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts