V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody's tried anything thing like this?

·
IronButt
55 Posts
I used it on my M16 in Iraq, and it worked great. Just the lightest of film, not even wet, really, and never had any problems. Twin Cam design is just a little bit different, though, and I'm not willing to try it.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
As of this moment it is in all my internal combustion engines,(lawn mower,snowblower,all motorcycles,car,truck)......I find better mpg,quieter operation,and seat of the pants power,also it is not an oil additive but a metal conditioner.Have had no issues as of this typing,on my car I have put over 5,000 miles on the militec-1 no problems at all.Try it you'll be a believer.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
sounds like slick-50.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Slick-50 is a teflon based additive. I didn't see any mention of teflon in the Miltec website..MSDS only says: Ingred Name:NON HAZARDOUS INGREDIENTS

·
Registered
68 Posts
StogieC said:
http://www.militec1.com/motorcycle.html

I know this stuff works great on guns but I've got no experience with oil additives.
Oil additives are universally SNAKE OIL. None provide any benefit and many are detrimental to your engine, causing air entrainment, or damaging the oil manufacturer's additive package. Save your money and your ride, just use nice clean good quality oil...

%[email protected]

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
I have a hard time believing that if this Militech stuff were such a great product for engines that the oil manufacturers (or MOCOs specifying the additive) wouldn't have jumped all over themselves to add it to their oil products. My opinion: snake oil.

T113

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Guys if you add anything to your oil you are on your own as no oil manufacture will back up their oil if you screw with it. Also if you have any oil related failure to your machinery, while under warranty, that can be proven that you added something to the OEM's oil they will shoot that down also. Just a word to the wise and I am not posting this because I sell oil, but I do have a lot of experience in that industry.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Sort of sounds like a solution in search of a problem. I've never had accelerated or unusual engine wear in any car or motorcycle regardless of the oil I used.

If it ain't broke...

·
Registered
68 Posts
george douglas said:
Guys if you add anything to your oil you are on your own as no oil manufacture will back up their oil if you screw with it. Also if you have any oil related failure to your machinery, while under warranty, that can be proven that you added something to the OEM's oil they will shoot that down also. Just a word to the wise and I am not posting this because I sell oil, but I do have a lot of experience in that industry.

George know's of what he speaks!!!! :whisper:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts