Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gordito said:
Does that come with a Military discount??
Good one! :roflback:

Seriously, Chicago HD didn't have them for on line sale but Surdykes did at 20% off.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I'm retired Navy, and always ask about that before I buy. Hell, I figure they're always talking pro-military....
Anyway, I've found a couple out in MD who will give 10-15% discount to Military, Police and Firemen. I always give them my business when I'm out there for work.

·
Banned
4,121 Posts
Funny, I was looking at the new LL Bean catalog yesterday and they have flannel shirts done up in 'service tartans' for each branch ... I never knew the Coast Guard had it's own tartan design, but there ya go ... national pride or corporate cashing in? ... you decide ...

http://www2.llbean.com/product/42261.htm

·
Registered
208 Posts
Gordito said:
I'm retired Navy, and always ask about that before I buy. Hell, I figure they're always talking pro-military....
Anyway, I've found a couple out in MD who will give 10-15% discount to Military, Police and Firemen. I always give them my business when I'm out there for work.

San Diego H-D sure as heck doesn't give a discount with all the patriotic propaganda they spout....anyway, I was checking the covers out on-line last night. It's pretty cool they have them to offer.

·
Premium Member
7,046 Posts
Just a little OT

Unfortunately, there aren't many places in general that give military discounts. At one time you could find quite a few, especially around military installations, but even those are getting harder to find. Hell, the commissaries and exchanges aren't that great of a deal anymore. The only bargin on a base these days, relatively speaking, is booze and smokes.

Many would like everyone to think they support the military though. Take a company I do a lot of work with. The owner of that fine establishment has one of those "We support the Guard and Reserve" things sitting in plain view for all that enter to see. I know for fact this was done only to present an image of support for a military contractor they are trying to land as a client.

I do find it interesting that HD would offer military inspired paint sets, but not offer fairly significant discounts to military members. Hell, if it wasn't for military folks, HD popularity probably wouldn't be what it is today.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just another way for a company to make a buck off the support our troops theme.

Was driving thru Williamsburg VA a couple years ago and pulled into a motel for the night. Big banner behind the desk saying "We Support the Troops". Being retired Army I axed what the military discount was. Reply? Oh, it's tourist season, there is no discount. Yeah right.

-jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts