V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yo!

The Miles in 2005 contest was a mess.

In order to rectify, here are some simple rules for the 2006 contest.

1. State the Year, Makem and Model of your v-twin motorcycle.

2. Post the milage on your odometer as of 01.01.2006.

3. If you have multiple bikes, please list them individually.

For example, my entry will look like:

2002 HD FLHRI - 66,903 miles

regards,

wyo

·
Registered
286 Posts
2006 Mileage

1999 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic, Current mileage 13,175.

Speedometer was changed at the end of 2004.

·
You don't say?
422 Posts
Is it just me or...

does riding and contest go together like Martha and Larry the Cable Guy? Riding has always been about me, my bike and the wind.

Sorry to side track.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I would think that one would have to take into consideration that a good share of this country has winter .......57130 on a 02 bike is impressive ,,,,,that is unless you compare it to an 01 bike with 54k on it.... that spent half of its life snow bound in a garage ........You can bet that next years winner will come from a year round riding state .......rat

·
ALOHA, marooned Doof
249 Posts
Sidebar.....Beg forgiveness

ratt said:
I would think that one would have to take into consideration that a good share of this country has winter .......
ratt said:
You can bet that next years winner will come from a year round riding state .......rat
Agree with ya ratt... however ... one year round state is "mileage impaired"... Hawaii is definitely a year round riding state but it is the same 125 mile loop and that 125 miles can take 3-4 hours plus or more depending on the North Shore waves :cool: (ABC Wide World of Sports, Pipeline, Waimea Bay, and Hawaii 5-0, ya know.).... much like they are now at approx 20+ feet....Surfers and Bikinis galore;) ~!Awesome! . I have ridden in faster parades then North Shore traffic. Once you get past populated areas, which is only about one-third of the island... the rest is two lane roads with NO ALTERNATIVE routes...Either continue or turn around.... Stopping at the Bar/eat'um up is an option if you desire to stay all day. Basically, 5,000 or more miles in the year on "The Rock" is great.
-2$en#e- -2$en#e- -2$en#e-
Look forward to reading all of the end of year post...

I guess I am Living life vicariously through you guys with "OPEN ROAD"...requesting that you do not waste that open road... lay down rubber for me and enjoy. :D

Punky

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
'04 Road King Custom FLHRSI
As of 01/01/06 35,500 miles

·
Retired
1,834 Posts
'04 FXSTI Softail Standard-8,120 miles as of 01-01-06.
Went for a 20 mile ride today. 36 degrees.

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Happy New Year

'06 H-D FLTRI, 3139 miles on the clock.

Got the year off to a great start, rode 203 miles today with the NoVA Delinquents! :woohoo:

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Rental rider miles?

A few of us also do a fair amount on various rental schemes (fly&ride, harley rentls, indy rentals, etc) how we going to give you 1/1/06 info on those?:crying:

1 - 20 of 155 Posts