V-Twin Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Thanks for the input guys. I’m definitely playing the fitment game right now. I might have to go custom either way as it’s looking like mids will be a tight squeeze with just the exhaust. All the fun!

I’ll definitely check out that other transmission cover though. Thanks for the advice.

On a separate note, I got in my 39mm right side slider in today for dual disk. Listening to the advice of a few, the 4K spent on an inverted front end would have been a little extravagant. I bought a 39mm narrow glide set of aftermarket triple trees and the right lower slider to fit duals. I’ll pick up a cartridge kit for the forks before final assembly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is the type FXR-series transmission-side-cover that you should be looking for. The exit-hole for the clutch-cable is in a more downward position.
1610660426575.png

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
This is the type FXR-series transmission-side-cover that you should be looking for. The exit-hole for the clutch-cable is in a more downward position.
View attachment 268050
Richard, do you know who manufactures that or have a part number? I’ve checked out a couple so far and no luck other than switching to hydraulic which I really don’t want to mess with.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Scotty is correct........you need an HD Part-Number 37109-87A for 1987-94 FXR series.
Several places have these for sale.....chrome, gloss, or black.......just make sure that their photo shows the exit-hole for clutch-cable is in the lower position.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
A little bit of progress. Front end is on and kind of mocked up. The right leg for dual disk isn’t on there just because there’s no point since the lowers are getting disassembled for powder coat. I have a good idea of the seated position but still waiting on my rear shocks and rear retrofit axle to arrive before I can say for sure that I’m staying with this. Headlight bucket is just sat in for now, still thinking I might do a dual headlight setup, not sure just yet.

Still a lot to fit and welding to get done, hopefully this weekend.

·
Registered
708 Posts
"If you look at the TC baggers though you’ll see a lot similar between them and the FXR"

Not even close in the neck area.
First pic, FXR front backbone . 2nd pic= bagger
Is it known what year model that bagger frame is ? Is that cut through in the same location on both ?

81 - 94 of 94 Posts