V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Small weekend update. Still waiting for a lot of parts to arrive but got the motor bolted in so that I can get the new crossmembers planned out. Everything is fitting like a glove so far. I’m expecting the front end, ramjet crossmembers and exhaust this week to get that stuff in before welding and powdercoat.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Have you thought through the shock issue?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I have a set of ohlin black lines with height adjustment on the way. I think I’ll be getting an aftermarket swing arm.

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
71 Posts
Great thread - winter is coming and we need to watch your build.

ps why not use the touring swing arm?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Great thread - winter is coming and we need to watch your build.

ps why not use the touring swing arm?
Thanks! I’m really only looking to put an aftermarket swingarm for the added adjustability of the deviant swing arm and for looks really... silly I know.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Looking for that part right there. Just missing one if anyone knows where I can get one without dropping $300 on the whole assembly.

Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Who made these (?).....and have you contacted the company that makes these to see if they will sell you the missing part (?).

·
Registered
1982 FXR Shovelhead
71 Posts
These are stock flht I believe
Have you tried looking up the part number at one of the online parts fiche sites? then go to a dealer or ebay?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Dyna controls are not needed but since I’ve cut out and replaced the crossmember it’s easier and cleaner to go to Dyna controls. The mounting blocks also come with the ramjet kit I’m using for the new crossmembers. If I was keeping the old crossmember and using one of the oil pans I wouldn’t make the change.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Little hiccup! Exhaust came in so I needed to test fit. I got the bassani rr3 in stainless. Very happy with the quality of the pipe unfortunately it doesn’t clear the cam cover. I’ll need to find a lower profile cam cover than stock.

I also test fit the front end I’ve got off a 2013 sportster 48. Appears to slide right in, I’ll just need to cut and grind off the stock fork lock tab from the frame. The steering bump stop seems to work fine but I won’t know for sure until I can get the forks completely bolted up.

Time to add a cam cover to the shipping list.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Weird, I thought all TC OEM cam covers were the same, So I would think it should clear. There was a difference inside for the early cam sensor but not outside.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Evo exhaust on a twincam. I’m going to look at the performance machine cam covers. They look low profile enough to work.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts