V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if there is any differences between the hsr42 kit for the TC engines and the hsr42 kits for the evo BT engines?

I am struggling to get the kit for the TC in the uk, but can get an evo BT kit.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Are you talking about the Easy Kits or full kits? Easy kits use a lot of stock components for the install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Easy kits.
I’m not interested in any air cleaner covers etc, that come with some kits, all I need to know is if they are jetted differently between evo & TC out the box, and whether the cables are attached differently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, I have tried finding the info on that site, but cannot see individual specs of the differing kits.
This is the problem.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The HSR carbs all come with the same jets regardless of Evo or TC application. But do not take my word for it. Go to the Mikuni oem website and look at the manual for any of the HSR kits. Any size, any application. It is irrelevant with manual you look into as they are all the same. The parts diagram will call out which jets and pins for each of the carbs. In the case of the HSR42, it will call out different jets for carbs used on Sportsters. But regardless, jets cost a few dollars each. If you have a great deal on a carb, why care about $10 worth of jets?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Go back to their web site. Click the link to bring up their catalog and flip through it. You'll find what you are looking for in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes. I did that, and you were right.
So there is extra parts included in the TC kit for fine tuning.
As my bike is mildly tuned, (95”, ported heads, bigger valves, cams), to get the most out of it, probably best I try and get the proper kit.

Any recommendations for Mikuni distributors that will ship to the UK?

·
Registered
2010 Harley Street Glide
276 Posts
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if there is any differences between the hsr42 kit for the TC engines and the hsr42 kits for the evo BT engines?

I am struggling to get the kit for the TC in the uk, but can get an evo BT kit.
Thanks in advance!
RThere may be a difference in the cable mounting brackets for the throttle. Mikuni will be able to tell you. Steve Webb is very knowledgeable
+1 818-885-1242

1 - 9 of 9 Posts