V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
those are the head breather bolts,,, they should not be left open like that,,, probably wont hurt anything,, but may douse the side of the bike in oil,, say after burning a tank of fuel..
8 would run tubing down and under the transmission...
the caps that routed these back into the carb eith the 9em air cleaner were tossed since there was no where to vent them to..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
  1. Rootintootin the first pic on the link u sent me is exactly what I got the half inch breather bolts by jp cycles same ones

·
Registered
544 Posts
Up to you, but if it were me, I would just put on some hoses, enough to route the pair into a "T" down low and then into another hose to get it all away from me. Maybe into some container that is vented, allowing the oil to accumulate so you can empty it from time to time.

There are probably hundreds of different ways to do this. Some fancy store bought stuff, some simple DIY solutions. Under normal circumstances, won't get a lot of oil out, just some oily fumes. But they have been known to burp out some real oil sometimes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Awsome thank u for the advice spent most my life locked down so I'm just learning alot a stuff now that I got my first bike I'm very thankful for this forum and all the solid advice

·
Registered
193 Posts
They have installation instructions on the J&P site. Might just want to download the instructions and follow them except run the hose under the frame/transmission vice hooking it to the OEM air cleaner.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Go back and reread my post #30. It should be obvious what I "meant" (and posted). Google "vice vs instead of" and you will see it means the same thing.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts