V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Hmmmm, Pats giving the current Super Bowl Champs 5 and a half at home?

That enough science for ya?

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
We took a step back from armageddon last night when BC fell to the Seminoles. After suffering the indignation of a Red Sox World Series Championship, and with the danger of reloaded Celtics, I feared that we would be up against the horror of a 4 team sweep. Thank you Florida State for defending us from a chow'd invasion of all that is holy in this world. Now if only Peyton and Harrison can take down the Pats it may not be too late for Garnett to pull a hammy. :)

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
Don't hate DJ-- don't hate. This New Englander proudly wears his Red Sox and Patriots headger here in NY. I loved the look of horror of the guys in my office as the Yankees faltered and the Sox rolled on through. Now I get to hear all about how the Giants, Jets and Bills are all better than their records show.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Congrats to the damn chowds, tough game on the road and they were the victims of some bad calls on top of that. I'm glad that the Colts made them look human anyway, but in the end the Pats pulled it off. Now if you'll excuse me I have some poison to pour into my ear.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Whew! that was close. FWIT My pick went in with 12 mins to go with the Pats losing. Can I call em or what? :hystria: Didn't cover the spread though

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
Colts made the Pats look bad.....until the last 4 minutes! Actually, the Pats made the Pats look bad.
I'm glad it went down the way it did though.

Go Pats!!

·
Administrator
11,239 Posts
YankeeBob said:
Colts made the Pats look bad.....until the last 4 minutes! Actually, the Pats made the Pats look bad.
I'm glad it went down the way it did though.

Go Pats!!
I disagree. The colts longest plays were BS pass interference calls. And the call for offensive pass interference was well.... offensive to say the least. The non-calls on the colts were blatant. Even the call on the colts catch when the guys foot was clearly out of bound had to be challenged, and there were 2 refs right there !!! The officiating was a joke to say the least.

The colts played hard and didn't give up but it was the Refs that made the Pats look bad, not the Pats or the colts.

I wonder how much the refs had on the colts to win???

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
springer- said:
I disagree. The colts longest plays were BS pass interference calls. And the call for offensive pass interference was well.... offensive to say the least. The non-calls on the colts were blatant. Even the call on the colts catch when the guys foot was clearly out of bound had to be challenged, and there were 2 refs right there !!! The officiating was a joke to say the least.

The colts played hard and didn't give up but it was the Refs that made the Pats look bad, not the Pats or the colts.

WTF do I know anyways....I'm a baseball fan.:huh: Either way, it was a good game and the good guys won!!%[email protected]

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
springer- said:

What the Colts did do was expose the Pat's lack of speed. The Colts were MUCH faster than the Pats, and I think they showed the league how to run on these old linebackers. IMO if Harrison had been able to play the Pats would have gone down. We'll have to wait and see, but I'm betting the Bills and the Steelers are going to be looking very close at the rush defense of the Pats.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
springer- said:

:yes:

Absolutely Correct on that one..but in the end the better team won

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Its a great time to be a sports fan in NEW ENGLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
901 Posts
The Colts really missed Marvin Harrison. With him out, defending the rest of the receivers got a lot easier. BTW - how many passes did Moorehouse drop yesterday? Yikes!

Note to self: send get well card to M.Harrison.

Wishful thinking: I'd rather the Colts lose to the Pats in regular season than in the playoffs. Maybe this will remind/inspire them to step up their intensity!

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Every time I see Randy Moss make a big play, I get pizzed at the Pack for not grabbing him and paying the freight.

It comes down to whether the Green Bay would have better with or wothout Moss. I think he wanted to paly with Farve - it was all about the money, and Ted Thompson's sorta cheap. Since all the no-name guys seem to be catching Farve's throws, would that big Moss ego have been a plus or minus in the locker room? In other words, would they have been better off without him being a bigtime prima donna and screwing up the heads of all the kids catching "Old 4-Ever's" balls, or will they need someone like him when it gets to crunch time?

Any of you part-time head coaches got an opinion on this?

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
BluegrassBoy said:
T

Wishful thinking: I'd rather the Colts lose to the Pats in regular season than in the playoffs. Maybe this will remind/inspire them to step up their intensity!

The next time they play will be in New England and Peyton dont like the cold.:wootdnc:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I wanted the Colts to win. Not because I really care about the Colts, or even about the Pats.... But my boss is from Boston, and he just gets insufferable when NE does well. (sigh).

Anyway, I was rooting for the Colts, and even I have to agree that the refs were, uh, less than honest in their play calling. My gosh, Belicheck didn't even have to wait for the call from upstairs to throw the red flag on the catch that was ruled in (and was actually out). My gosh that was a piss-poor call.

My boss wore his Pats golf shirt in today. <sigh> He would have you think the Pats won due to his brilliant calls into the head coach. Oh well, the day is almost over....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts