V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever heard or seen anyone doing this?

I have a 98' FXDWG and was thinking of putting mid frame pegs to give my bad knees a break once in awhile by having some place besides the forward controls all the time.

The frame mounts are the same as other dyna models so a set of pegs off any of them should work.

Just not sure if the pipes would clear.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My first FXDWG (used) came with that very thing. I took'em off cause I never used them. Pipe clearance shouldn't be an issue - the pipes for factory mid-peg bikes are in about the same place.

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still have them?

If you still have them I would be interested in buying them or if anyone else has a set ?

Need to fit a 1998 FXDWG

·
Registered
250 Posts
Jams, I don't know if you already made a deal with Maj or not. I just picked up a chrome set of supports for a low rider and they fit no problem. so if he's got them for ya...they will work..

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gator,
Have not heard back from Maj yet, I have been looking at swap meets for a long time figuring that someone has to have a used pair off a wreck or they took off for a custom project that I would be able to snag for a fair price. :)

Tell me more about them chrome supports?

Where did you find them?

Any chance there is an online store with a picture of them with model application info? :D

Are they folding?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Jams, they are straight from the dealer. They use em on low riders, two solid chrome pieces that bolt right to the frame. The pegs will fold up when installed.

I'm planning on onlly using them on long trips and taking them back off for every day use. I don't think they look that bad, but I like the look of the bike better without them. I just needed another place to rest the "dogs" on long trips.

i attached a picture...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Jams,

Sorry I took so long to get back to ya. Below is a scan of the brackets. I haven't cleaned them up yet so they do look better than the photo. They accept any male-style Harley pegs and yep they will fold. I have no idea what they are worth. Maybe Gator will let us know what he paid for his. You can email me an offer.

Later,
Maj

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did find a pair of brackets simular to those Maj at a swap meet, but they had a galley for brake fluid it seems like --- getting old and fog headed. :)

The one on the left side of picture is for the right side of bike and the big question is the length of how far it will stick out to clear the pipes.

But if they came off a Glide they should clear my Screaming Eagle slip-ons.
What year Glide did they come off of?

·
Registered
396 Posts
They were originally mounted on a '94 FXDWG. I took'em off and the bike was later stolen. I bought a '95 and put'em on that once but took them off cause I never used them and they detracted from the lines of the bike.

Your pipes shouldn't be a problem since you basically have the stock pipes at the point where the pegs mount (look at the frame mount and you will see it is well forward of the SE mufflers). They cleared the Python IIs I was running.

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool, :cool:
Yeah, they should fit ok.
Not aware of any huge changes to the dyna frame between 95-98.
I have no idea what they would be worth, never thought about chrome ones before.
Just figured that most mounts are black.
The chrome would make them stand out more.
My right knee had total re-construction surgery on it in 97' and then had to go back in and fix it again in 2000.
Stiffens up pretty bad on long rides bending around the air cleaner to plant my foot on the forward peg.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts