V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have any experience with small cruiser-styled runabouts like the Honda Rebel, the Yamaha Virago 250, the Suzuki GZ250X, or the Kawasaki Eliminator 125? Any advice as to which would be best for commuting with the occasional day's ride out?

·
Registered
29 Posts
For my baby brothers 14th B-day I bought him a Suzuki GZ-250..
We tricked it out with chopper handlebars and some cheap saddlebags from bikerleather.com.. We then shaved the blinkers and did away with the parachute back underfender so that the license plate is hanging down with no backing..

There is no end to the possibilities to that little bike..
Daily commuter??? How heavy are you, and how far do you drive?

He is 140 pounds and he gets it up to 75 (Thats where the rev limiter kicks in) but thats wide open and its takes some encouragement...
I, on the other hand, am 350 pounds and I can get the bike to 65 but it takes a lot of encouragement..

If you are a full grown adult, you wouldn't want a 250 of any kind..
Look into one of the mini-honda shadows like the VLX 600..

Faxxxy!

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
SamBlob said:
Does anyone here have any experience with small cruiser-styled runabouts like the Honda Rebel, the Yamaha Virago 250, the Suzuki GZ250X, or the Kawasaki Eliminator 125? Any advice as to which would be best for commuting with the occasional day's ride out?
Cheri's first bike was a GZ250. Prefect bike for a beginner. Her's got about 70 mpg and was unbelievably smooth, and it's a little thumper.

Later we had a Virago 250, it had a bit more power and would run highway speeds easier. but had funly ergos and she really didn't like it. Luckily I had only picked it up becaise I got it dirt cheap.

SHe's riding a Vulcan 800 now and loves it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts