V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see all the threads regarding the Avon's and Metzler's but what about Michelin? I have had good luck with them on my cars and previous bikes. Anyone has any experiene with them on a H-D?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
About two years ago wifey and I went around the house and threw out everything that was made in france. Don't knowingly let anything back in. Been doing just fine. Fuk france.
OldGoat

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just bought a set of Metzelers from ronayers.com. Great deal!! Fast shipping. However these kraut tires are made in Brazil.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
col_kurtz said:
Just bought a set of Metzelers from ronayers.com. Great deal!! Fast shipping. However these kraut tires are made in Brazil.
German vs French??? Yup, I will pick the German bastards given the choice.

German tires made in Brazil??? That is just damned funny.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well there was that movie with Gregory Peck as Dr. Mengele......................

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
col_kurtz said:
one of my metzelers was made in Brazil the other in Germany.

·
Registered
473 Posts
You won't be sorry with the metzler's.. Going for a new rear tomorrow! Can't seem to keep tread on it:dunno: Tried to hold off for a 150, but my local tire shop says not avail yet on the 880's.
Enjoy them!!!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
rdking2005 said:
You won't be sorry with the metzler's.. Going for a new rear tomorrow! Can't seem to keep tread on it:dunno: Tried to hold off for a 150, but my local tire shop says not avail yet on the 880's.
Enjoy them!!!
I put a Metzler 880 150 on my '05 RK a couple of months ago. I think your tire shop may need a new catalogue.

Click my link and then the "tires" tab for more info.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hey 8-Ball... Thanks for the info. I called Wheel works in GG and the guy told me not avail yet. I will check into it tomorrow. Thanks again:thumbsup:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Guess I failed to mention that I'm running a 80-spoke 18" on the rear. No Metzler 880 150 for 18" wheels just yet. Coming soon say the website. I was getting my hopes up alittle. I will use the 140/70/18 again. They want me to try the Avon 150, but i'm not quite sure about that yet. Be at cooks tomorrow afternoon if your around...

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
I don't know about motorcycle tires, but I have run all kinds of tires on the cars I have owned. Nothing came close to the handling or longevity of the Michelins. The French may need a bath and some attitude adjustment, but they make a good tire.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Lunker said:
I don't know about motorcycle tires, but I have run all kinds of tires on the cars I have owned. Nothing came close to the handling or longevity of the Michelins. The French may need a bath and some attitude adjustment, but they make a good tire.
I agree with everything you said...

... but I won't buy another one. Sucks really.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
I am running a Michelin Commander on the back of my bike. The difference (as in better) over the continental milestones I was running is amazing. I will be adding the front commander about midway through the riding season.

I try not to let politics ruin my life...this whole world is fukked up.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
The Michelin plant is at Donaldson (former) AFB in Greenville, South Carolina. They provide a lot to the economy in that area.

I'm about to be on my third set of Commanders.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts