Have any other members done this poker run? Phil Peterson Harley of
Miami stages the event the third weekend of September and its always
a great way to wrap up the summer. My wife and I have been doing this
poker run since '96. I'll see if I can post an early morning picture of
Duval Street in Key West.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Please do. I think the ride to KEY WEST is one of the most beautifull rides I know. The turquoise water, bridges, breezes!!! I go after bike week in march, wish I could make it, all the bikes must be sweet. How many bikes attend ???

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I usually hear the number is around 10,000 people attending, but not sure how many are riders. The last few years there are more and more fair-weather riders that live in Florida and trailer their "rides" to Key West. We did just about 4800 miles round-trip on the bike last year.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Nice, do they welcome the bikers with open arms ??? How are the room rates that time of year ??? I have made the trip from MASS to KEY WEST once, It's usually snowing in feb, I have to trailer then .

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everybody seems to welcome the bikers cause its hurricane season and a very slow time of the year for the area. I think room rates are at the lowest for the year during hurricane season. I get a room at the Pier House at Duval and Front streets that costs more, but I can leave the bike sit and walk to everything.

Our trip this past September was from Wisconsin, through Washington D.C. to Delaware, and then down the east coast to Key West. The return was via Memphis. Between the tropic storm we ran into around D.C. and the weather from the hurricane that hit the Gulf states, we did a lot of wet weather riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts