V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Mexico is politically and economically unstable in my opinion, I see the potential for a civil war or a military takeover ala Cuba, then maybe we would have the nuts to seal the border properly.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
His idea that Mexico extends to where ever his citizens are disgust me. Who the hell is he to demand our borders remain open. Even more appalling, our president and congress are letting Mexico and American corporations dictate an illegal policy of migration, of a people who have no intention of Americanization. No walls or fences need be built, jut well placed gun towers. We have the absolute right to protect our borders.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Thier "allegence" is to Mexico, no matter who or where they are.
And why do anything for themselves when the goverment of the United States of America will lay down and roll over for them.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
TomD said:
His idea that Mexico extends to where ever his citizens are disgust me. Who the hell is he to demand our borders remain open. Even more appalling, our president and congress are letting Mexico and American corporations dictate an illegal policy of migration, of a people who have no intention of Americanization. No walls or fences need be built, jut well placed gun towers. We have the absolute right to protect our borders.

Tom
Of course he wants the borders open...can't stop the flow of US dollars being sent home!!! The bleeding will continue as long as the current administration is in power.

Here in Va a local county decided it could no longer afford the drain on local resources so they passed a law requiring anyone seeking medical, financial or any other county services to be checked for citizenship status and those not here legally be sent to the INS (of course it won't do any good!) but now all the illegals are boycotting businesses that are in support of the law and are threatening a work stoppage on Oct 9th...I sure hope this continues to snowball and this idea of protest backfires but we can't just sit on our a$$es...we have to begin writing our representatives!!!

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
There are many children of illegal aliens in our armed forces. These are Americans, not Mexican citizens. Many Mexican Americans feel that they will never actually be part of the US, so they hold on to thier nationality. If more would try to assimulate, they would be accepted sooner.

Many Mexican Americans agree that the border should be closed to migrants, so don't tar them with the same brush. These parents of servicemen and women are proud of the fact that thier child is a part of the US. After all, this is why some of them come here.

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
The bleeding will continue as long as the current administration is in power.

And how exactly did any previous administration control the bleeding? Got it- you don't like Bush. But FFS how do you tie 6 and a half years worth of service to every phucking problem this country faces? You act like our country/constitution gives the President (any President) king-like powers. Newsflash-- that's not how our government operates.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
I don't think Hillary will do any better. From Ontheissues.org:

* Making English official imperils crises needing translators. (Jun 2007)
* Comprehensive reform to get 12 million out of shadows. (Apr 2007)
* Opposes illegal immigration, but doesn't vote to follow up. (Jan 2007)
* Voted YES on comprehensive immigration reform. (Jun 2007)
* Voted NO on declaring English as the official language of the US government. (Jun 2007)
* Voted YES on eliminating the "Y" nonimmigrant guestworker program. (May 2007)
* Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)
* Voted YES on establishing a Guest Worker program. (May 2006)
* Voted YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security. (May 2006)
* Voted YES on giving Guest Workers a path to citizenship. (May 2006)

Although she IS for the fence. I'll give her that!!

What have the Dems done in previous administrations to thwart illegal immigration?

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
HiAngle said:
And how exactly did any previous administration control the bleeding? Got it- you don't like Bush. But FFS how do you tie 6 and a half years worth of service to every phucking problem this country faces? You act like our country/constitution gives the President (any President) king-like powers. Newsflash-- that's not how our government operates.
This is the administration in power...if calling up the last administration will help please do so!!!

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
YankeeBob said:
I don't think Hillary will do any better. From Ontheissues.org:

* Making English official imperils crises needing translators. (Jun 2007) ???
* Comprehensive reform to get 12 million out of shadows. (Apr 2007) reform is needed but not with amnesty
* Opposes illegal immigration, but doesn't vote to follow up. (Jan 2007) cool as far as opposition goes
* Voted YES on comprehensive immigration reform. (Jun 2007) absolutely needed but not the bill that was presented, she can put that where the sun don't shine
* Voted NO on declaring English as the official language of the US government. (Jun 2007) gotta disagree with this one
* Voted YES on eliminating the "Y" nonimmigrant guestworker program. (May 2007) what's the replacement gonna cost us
* Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006) I can support that and even contribute extra tax dollars
* Voted YES on establishing a Guest Worker program. (May 2006) Microsoft uses 30k guest workers because we don't have enough qualified to do the jobs (reads well enough educated)
* Voted YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security. (May 2006) that whole idea sucks out loud
* Voted YES on giving Guest Workers a path to citizenship. (May 2006) that can only work if we have a tall fence and we overhaul the current immigration system

Although she IS for the fence. I'll give her that!!

What have the Dems done in previous administrations to thwart illegal immigration?
You're probably right...

·
Registered
886 Posts

Mexico's government is corrupt and it seems like politicians in the U.S. are using it as a model for the growing corruption we are seeing in our own government.
I'm tired of policies being made that are PC.
I am tired of politicians campaigning on national security/stronger enforcement of the borders, getting elected, then backing off on those policies that got them elected.
I am tired of the people who elected those politicians not immediately petitioning for a recall vote when the politicians renege on their campaign platform.
We need politicians who will put America first regardless of if it hurts the feelings of illegal aliens or Mexico. Guess what World? The American economy drives the Global economy-if we go down, then so do you. The burden of supporting 20 - 30 million illegal aliens (including social services, criminal courts, and suppression of wages) is one of the factors causing the U.S. economy to reach a breaking point. Though the American economy is strong, IMHO it will take very little to push it over the edge; one event will creat a domino effect. We can readily identify one issue of unneccessary burden, that of illegal aliens.

The old saying still stands:
"What is popular is not always right.
What is right is not always popular."

Here is something else to consider, in my many reads of the VTF R&P forum there is only one subject, and one subject only where everyone agrees and that subject is the problem with illegal aliens in the U.S. And that says a lot.
...getting a bunch of motorheads to agree on an issue is just short of a miracle!

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
The bleeding will continue as long as the current administration is in power.
The bleeding will continue as long as the current government is in power. I do not see anyone from either partytaking a stand on enforcing the 86 law but they are all real good at doing the two step.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
dtroll said:
The bleeding will continue as long as the current government is in power. I do not see anyone from either partytaking a stand on enforcing the 86 law but they are all real good at doing the two step.
I stand corrected...but you seem to have gotten my intended thought...

·
Banned
2,502 Posts
Timmy_D said:

Here is something else to consider, in my many reads of the VTF R&P forum there is only one subject, and one subject only where everyone agrees and that subject is the problem with illegal aliens in the U.S. And that says a lot.
...getting a bunch of motorheads to agree on an issue is just short of a miracle!

Nope, there are those on this board that are OK with the invasion...:whistle:

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Thunderhog said:
Nope, there are those on this board that are OK with the invasion...:whistle:
I know a few are sympathetic to a lessor or greater degree and I too understand the wish for a better life but I doubt any here are supporting the present scenario...

Anyone here wanna fess up...do you support the present form of immigration, either lack of enforcement or status quo approach to the "problem/issue" ???

·
Banned
2,502 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
I know a few are sympathetic to a lessor or greater degree and I too understand the wish for a better life but I doubt any here are supporting the present scenario...

Anyone here wanna fess up...do you support the present form of immigration, either lack of enforcement or status quo approach to the "problem/issue" ???
Not sympathetic, they think it is a good thing...and there is more than a few.

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
YankeeBob Although she IS for the fence. I'll give her that!! What have the Dems done in previous administrations to thwart illegal immigration?[/QUOTE said:
Ha Ha Ha the only fence she wants is the one you can drive a TRUCK through:harhar:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts