V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have made the order to go Metzler from Dunlop for my rear after a lil over 10k on my current stock Dunlop. I hope what I have read pays off. I am also taking the bike to my local Honda shop instead of going to my local HD stealership.

:spank:

·
WideGlide Rider
369 Posts
No local Indy? I made the same switch last year. Never going back! Love the Metzler

·
Registered
9 Posts
To each his own but I just dumped the Metzlers and went back to Dunlop. This was on a 06 Roadking. I could only get 8,000 miles out of a rear and the front was cupped and slapping the road after 12,000 miles. Replaced the second rear at 4,000 miles because I didn't want to be riding home from this years road trip on what I consider a bald tire. While true the Metzlers don't react to rain grooves as much as Dunlops, they do react to other road irregularities that the Dunlps do not. I'm sure Metzlers a good tire, I just get better service from the Dunlops.

·
WideGlide Rider
369 Posts
7k on my rear and plenty of life left

·
Registered
858 Posts
Alot of us are happy with dunlop E-3s. I know I am.
me too. I had Metzs on my last bike and liked them. I believe there was a problem with them for a while with them out of Brazil.

I like to try and buy made in the USA when possible and the Dunlop E3 rides great.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
I still run the Metz 880s have not found a tire that I like better over all
Avon X sticks better but I can't get crap for mileage

·
Outsider
1,339 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
I used Metzlers for years when I raced motox, Ive been running Dunlops on my Deluxe but have never gotten over 7k on a tire, no burn outs and 95% im 1 up, no clue how you guys say you get 14k out of a rear tire !

·
Registered
211 Posts
12,800 mi on my rear Dunlop 407 (2010 EGC) and still a lot of tread left. Getting ready for a long trip in Oct. so I will change early. Could see gettin 14,000 NO PROBLEM!
With that kind of milage and its performance excellent with a LOT of NC mountain riding, there's no way I am even going to try any thing else.
CG

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
just put a new 880 on my rear today...damn I got to get a tire changer....getting to old to be bending over on the ground with a couple of tire spoons

1 - 13 of 13 Posts