V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was informed by Metzler that they will send me a new 150 tire. I figured that they had "blown me off" based on some earlier contacts, but was surprised to hear from them after a few months. The recent 150's were measured by the tech guys before shipment to dealers. If these tires measure good and handle correctly then I'll gladly help myself to a healthy portion of "crow". I'll report the outcome of the new 150's soon. Thanks Metzler.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I glad it worked out for you, I have switched to Avons. It wasn’t just Metzler’s attitude that ticked me off, it was a know-it-all shop manager who insisted that were within specs. Good ol eyeball test was plain to see it was about the size of a 130m, maybe a 140. Plain old tape measure said he was nuts.

Post when you get the tires and your results of the measurements. I’ll save my crow for a later time……

greg

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
i found a made in made in germany metz at the local indy so i bought that :thumbsup:

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Hey compressor, did they change the specs on them back to what they were?
Or did they just find you one and are sending it out. Was about to click my order on Avons tomorrow, but i will hold off for a couple more days....

Even if they did change the specs back, we would have to wait for all the old stock to get filtered out from the Mez warehouse, than the drag warehouse...Ummm maybe i should order the Avons.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TX, when it arrives I'll measure it...off the rim, and on, and post. Tech told me the new ones are wider. I would call Metzler tech line and request one of the new ones. I doubt they pulled the small ones, like you said they likely will let the inventory run it's course.

·
Registered
159 Posts
While at Street Vibrations this past weekend, I spoke w/ the Metz rep regarding the 150 size thing. He took me over and pulled one off the shelf, then pulled a 140 off. Now granted, I didn't have a caliper to measure with, but it was visibly wider than the 140.
He told me that they've cleared up the problem, but also reassured me that the load rating on the sub-par ones was still there. I told him it was about getting what you pay for, and he sheepishly agreed.
I dunno... I just got 12,000 (and could've got more) from a 120 70-21 Metz from Brazil. Time will tell I guess.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my new from 150 from Metz the otherday.
TXCHOP, as promised I measured it against the smaller 150 and it is a 1/2" wider(off and on the rim) than the one I complained about. It's still almost 1/4" smaller (width) than the German 150 I had. I'll see how they handle and if mileage is like before and post the results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts