V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Metzeler shows 3 options on their website when I pull up tire sizes for an 05 Road Glide....two sizes with asterisks and one without...but I can't find what the * are for. Probably a DA question but could someone tell me? Does anybody have a 130 tire on the front and can I do that without any mods? Thanks

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
stanc said:
Metzeler shows 3 options on their website when I pull up tire sizes for an 05 Road Glide....two sizes with asterisks and one without...but I can't find what the * are for. Probably a DA question but could someone tell me? Does anybody have a 130 tire on the front and can I do that without any mods? Thanks
A 130 (72H load) will work on the front and a 140 (77H load) will work on the back. A 150 will fit on the back with some work to the belt drive guard but the Metzeler 150 does not have a high enough load rating for any of the touring bikes. Avon has a 150 with a high enough load rating just in case you were thinking about going with a larger tire on the back.

If the load rating is not the same or greater on the tires it will reduce your load carrying abilities.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks wkohn. I'm wanting to go with Metzelers so I think I'll try a 130 on the front and put the 140 behind.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
stanc said:
Thanks wkohn. I'm wanting to go with Metzelers so I think I'll try a 130 on the front and put the 140 behind.
Make sure you check out the load rating on them. From what I read they have a lower rating than the Dunlops. Avons might be a better choice because of them having the higher load rating like the Dunlops.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do. 'preciate the info.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts