V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heck of a nice guy.
I met him at Wabash Valley H-D in Terre Haute, IN.
He left with a nice new Night Train and I left with a bottle of Jack Daniels.
Like I said, he's a nice guy. :D
I'll let him tell you all about it in a few hours when he gets home.

P.S. Those Bassani Pro Streets sound awesome w/ a 37G cam behind them...
(And that was with him following me.)~!Awesome!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Awesome!!

That's what ridin' is all about, aint it? Ahhh, memories...unless you have too much Jack! You two are lucky, still poor weather up here near the Region so there aint much riding.

·
Liberal Slayer
212 Posts
Great Day

First of all, I would like to thank MegaGlide for guiding me to WVHD where I met two great guys who really took care of me (John and Todd). MegaGlide put up with me calling him at all sorts of different times over the past few weeks. With that said, I had a great day and I am still grinning. Here is a brief summary explaining why I have still have a stupid grin on my face.

This afternoon I arrived at WVHD to pick up my new 06 Night Train. I had the mechanic (John who was trained by Doc) put in a 1550 kit with 37G cams, black slash cut Bassani Pro Streets exhaust, and a LMR-02 spring. The stock 06 heads flow pretty well, and I will use them for now.

MegaGlide met me at the dealership (real nice guy) and took me out on a great short run/test drive on the outskirts of town. It was about 53 degrees and the sun was out. The bike really wanted to go when I twisted the throttle slightly, but I knew I had to hold back until it gets good and broke in. The pipes really screamed as I went down the road and I hadn't even cracked the throttle hard at all (the baffles are still in). MegaGlide really took care of me and made sure I hit some curves, some straightaways, and some small hills. Oh ya, Mega really left me in the dust a couple times. What a great looking bike and the power in his V-twin is expectional.

Unfortunately, we eventually had to head back to the dealer just as I was getting used to the feel. When I pulled back into the lot, I had this stupid grin on my face that stuck there for at least two hours. i just couldnt thank everyone enough for how easy they made the process. The bike looked great and everyone went out of their way to make sure I was happy.

In summary, I would like to thank everyone on this board that helped me with their advice, experiences, patience, and friendship. MegaGlide is one hell of a nice guy and he really looked out for me from the start. THANK YOU!

I plan on posting pics soon and when I get her broke in, I will post the Dyno sheet. Have fun riding everyone and be safe.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Well congrats on the new bike. DEFINTELY post pics/ dynos when you can. I wish you luck with the new bike and luck with the build......I do however think a friendly race is in order.....nah j/k ride safe..

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Awesome thanks for sharing your experience !!!!!!! There certainly are some good people on here it's cool when people can come together

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
best of luck. your ride sounds awesome. 53 degrees and sunny, excellent. I am still sitting in my garage making vroom noises. Looking at 30 degrees all week. Enjoy.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well, I never actually took off.
Just wanted to leave trackstar room to stretch his legs if he was so inclined.:whistle:

Edit:
That grin of his was how I recognized him.
Several bikes were sitting out front and folks would stop and look on the way in.
Then I see this guy a-bobbin' and a-weavin around trackstar's Night Train and go out to make sure the bike's not being physically molested and up pops this guy w/ a big 5hit-eating grin on his face and I knew it was him. :D

·
Liberal Slayer
212 Posts
Some Pics

Here are some pics. The only problem I have had so far is that the heel of my boot melted on the side of the pipe (not much at all, just a little). How do I clean burnt hard rubber off of Black Ceramic finish? Got 47 miles on it right now. I put 10 miles on it today even though it was 37 degrees BBhhrrrrrrr....... More to come, stay tuned.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If it's truly ceramic, a product called "Goof Off" will probably work. Available at paint/hardware stores.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Nice looking motorsickle there Trackstar!! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Congrats on the new bike trackstar. Glad you posted a little clarification as I was just about to arrange a meeting with mega to trade him a bottle of Jack for a Night Train too!:laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.