V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in town this afternoon and saw this girl pull up on a low rider.. I went over and we talked and exchanged phone numbers, she tells me she has no girl friends to ride with... I'm so excited to have found another girl to ride with and she was happy too, as she rides with all the guys... do any of you ladies have any girl friends that ride too?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a girlfriend who rides but she doesn't like to very much. She is happy riding on the back of her husbands bike. But I am not good enough yet to go "out there". I stay here on my cul-de-sac, for now.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Soon you'll feel confident enough to venture further... it is a little intimidating huh..! keep at it ... ride safe and have fun!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a hard time finding people to ride with other than my family, and sometimes that just gets boring.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bikebabe...Check out some of the H.O.G meetings in your area...

·
Registered
268 Posts
harleygirl64 said:
Was in town this afternoon and saw this girl pull up on a low rider.. I went over and we talked and exchanged phone numbers, she tells me she has no girl friends to ride with... I'm so excited to have found another girl to ride with and she was happy too, as she rides with all the guys... do any of you ladies have any girl friends that ride too?
Damn, how come I can never meet any female bikers that just hand over their phone number??? :D

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I'm want to come to Florida to ride with the Chrome Divas! Yes!!!

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
The only other female rider I ride with is my mother. Like mother and daughter. :D
It is great, though, when fellas ask you to come join them for a ride. It make you feel like your a part of the gang. They don't look down at you just because I'm female.
Don't get me wrong, mom is GREAT to ride with. She likes to ride as if the road never ends. Unlike, my dad. :D

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Hardly Angels

Hardly Angels This website is a introduction to ladies who do stunts on Harleys. There are Ladies as old as 60 and as young as 13. It is a good website.

·
Registered
297 Posts
My sister-in-law rides, but she don't like riding very much and only rides when her hubby or sons are along. I do know another lady that rides and lives about 15 minutes away, but she isn't real comfortable with going out without her hubby. So I either ride solo or with hubby. Had a bad experience with a group ride in September so I don't know if I'll be doing that again.

·
Registered
297 Posts
ok, here's the scoop on the group ride.

About once a year my Brother-in-law (hubby's sister's hubby) gets a ride together. I was never on it because we alway had something else going on. Not so this year, so we said yes and hubby and I met up with 20 other bikes at his sisters house. It started out nice, but after the first stop there was this one guy who kept starting out in the back of the pack and would then keep passing people to get up front. He did that at every stop. Very annoying and in my opinion dangerous. Also at every stop the parking was just a big mess, and there was plenty of room to park since we were on country roads and the places we stopped had large parking lots, usually dirt. He would just pull in and park where he wanted, instead of going to the back of the lot and letting us all pull in, in order. There was certainly enough room to do it. Then he took a wrong turn and inorder to get us back on track hopped on the interstate. That's where I finally decided I would not be doing this again. Once on the interstate it was just a big free-for-all. There were bikes every where, they had the cars surrounded, bikes in both lanes, there was no order. I just hung back and observed. Hubby stayed with me of course, our number one rule is we don't leave each other. My ride is a 1979 Low Rider, it just isn't capable the the speeds these guys were doing simple as that. I was doing 80, my tach was at 4 grand and the rest of the bikes were pulling away like I was standing still. That's when I backed off the throttle and decided to do the speed limit which was 65. I figured hubby was with me and we had the atlas in his saddle bag and we could find our own way home. We didn't have to find our own way home, wish I would have. Instead I say which exit they took and caught up with them on the country roads where they proceeded to go too fast for me. I backed off and rode my own ride with hubby right behind me. I don't know if they were really going too fast or if I was just so spooked from the interstate. At any rate hubby has always taught me that when riding in a group you are responsible for the person behind you, obviously these people never heard of such a thing!

Sorry to be so long, but you asked. by the time I got home my nerves were shot and I had a bad headache. I've ridden with smaller groups and enjoyed it, but after that I'd rather just ride solo or with hubby.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just an after note the "road captain" if you want to call him that is the hubby of the sister-in-law that rides. Wonder why she don't care to ride too much?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Did a first time charity run in Sept and we had the same type of situation.

There was this one guy, with an old rat dresser, that would block the intersections so we could all go through, then fly up the oncoming traffic lane to get to the front so he could block at the next intersection. Drove me fu(king nuts!:D Really expected him to cause an accicdent in his attempts to prevent one.

Another time, on a real busy street, he was riding up the friggin' sidewalk lined with trees and parking meters to get to the front.

As we neared the first stop the run takes a right turn when it should've went straight. About a half mile ahead the leaders stop to turn around!

After the stop, we proceeded to the next stop, only to go the wrong way again. When THEY figured it out, you guessed it, we turned around on a state highway!:mad:

Down the road a bit a bike in front of me ran out of gas so myself and another guy stopped with him. Unfortunately others did too and it was on a corner. Traffic was a little heavy and moving at a good clip and around the corner comes this SUV in the right lane and one of the bikers was tailing her close and very nearly rear-ended the SUV. He called that driver everything in the book.

What a bunch of idiots! The run was sponsored by a local gin mill that I frequent. I never before saw, nor have seen again, these idiots!:D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yeah, that was pretty inconsiderate really. Not all group rides are that way though. When you're riding in groups it's usually a good idea to obey the traffic laws and speed limits, though I cant always say that we do. It's also a good idea to have designated stop points where everyone can hook back up.

sorry to hear that. Sounds like maybe you just need to find a different group to ride with, that suits your riding style better. :)

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
And when riding with anyone, ride at your own pace. If the pack wants to ride away let them. If a group is comfortable riding like a pack of wild animals thats up to them, you don't have to, not all rides are like that. Some are very organized. It's good you two look out for each other.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts