V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HDWRENCH
I've been trying to follow all the Cam forums to gather info for the build I'm planning. For various reasons both geographical(shipping heads back and forth) and economical (ebay) I'm moving ahead with an HTCC ported build for my EFI Softail Deluxe. I'd ideally like to go to a gear cam and my dealer wrench likes the S&S585 cam choice but also doesn't think roller rockers are necessary for the build unless I'm racing it.(I've also noticed they don't get much mention on the forum) Some of the other cams choices are one that a wrench in Calgary likes the Redshift 557 and I like the numbers for the Woods 6hg but should I be worried about the aggressive ramps for the woods products? I've also purchased a SERT to handle the tuning but the wrenchs up here are just learning dyno tuning with the SERT's and prefer DFOs. I get frustrated by all of this sometimes and wonder if I shouldn't just go with a cookie cutter SE cam like the 251. But I'm looking for the bottom end power that most want in the heavier bikes and would value your opinion.
Thanks

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Well there is another way. How about a new set of cast heads that are less money than the CNC heads, and will out flow them?? Give me a call I will be happy to chat with you about the options you do have, beside's SE heads.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts