V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for anyone who has done a comparison on black. Not really interested in which shines the best but more so of which hides the small scratches that are common on black surfaces. Best shine is also a plus but not the most important factor.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Both of those are sealants. If you want to cover them up get a decent glaze (fillers) and then a paste wax.
We do lots of bikes...a lot of them black and they leave here without "scratches", common term....actually you are probably seeing micromarring that is cause by how the bike is washed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
liquid Glass

I don't have much experince with the other two but I have been using liquid Glass for about 20 years on trucks cars and bikes . It does not get hard or hard to remove. even in direct sun. I would not try any thing else.

It Is a little pricey about 17.00 @pint and you should be able to get it at a auto store like pep boys or advanced auto.

it comes in a small can with a old red vette on it .

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I have been using Boston Soap Works "ICE STORM" It's amazing...covers the micro abrasions on black perfectly. Goes on easy, leaves no residue or buildup or turn yellow... won't even turn rubber or blastic white. They have an entire line of bike care products... I use them all. Was a meguiars user for years but an auto painter turned me on to Boston Soap Works products.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
I've had years of good experiences with Meguiar's. Never had the pleasure of trying Crystal-Glo though, but who knows, maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to win a photo contest or something and actually get some to try out. But I'm not going to hold my breath. What are the chances of that actually happening?

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I happen to use both those products. I like the Meguiars for the small scratches along with their scatch X. For good protection before a long trip I will use the crystel glo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts