V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:whistle:Done something really stupid yesterday. I ride a Harley Davidson Wide Glide 2003 model. Experienced rider and have done 34,000 + on my Harley so should have known better than to attempt to ride off with a disk lock still attached to the front disc - feeble excuse but was pissed off with getting a parking ticket after thinking parking was free in a motorcycle bay.....not so!!!! Should have known better as this is England after all and we do like to rip off our own people. Anyway end result was a buckled front disc and calliper lost all its brake fluid. I think they are totally wrecked. I therefore thought I would use this opportunity to upgrade the brakes. I want something good, looks nice but doesn't cost the earth....Any ideas? Thankshttp://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/images/smilies/whistling.gif

·
Registered
57 Posts
Inexpensive can vary from person to person. There's lots of cool PM stuff out there, as well as brembo that offer a major improvement over stock.

I have always thought that disc locks weren't a great idea.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry to hear about the disclock. Have done the same.

Recommend ISR for both caliper and disc. Wide Glide are not famous for the brakes so when You have the chance to do something - do it extra right.

http://www.isrbrakes.se

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Inexpensive can vary from person to person. There's lots of cool PM stuff out there, as well as brembo that offer a major improvement over stock.

I have always thought that disc locks weren't a great idea.
Thanks for advice - much appreciated

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, upgraded my 2002 WG front with RC Components 13" floating disc and PM 6 piston caliper + braided cable of course. Stops good. Total cost a bit under 500€, from ebay.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I switched to PM brakes about 2 yrs ago. I put a 6 piston caliper on the front, and 4 piston on the back, and matching floating rotors. It's not the cheapest route to go, but they sure do work great, and look good too, PM's quality is second to none IMO. Personally, I think it was the best thing I've done to my bike, and I don't think you'd be dissapointed either with PM's products.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts