V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference between Amsoil MCV and Amsoil AMV 20w-50? The AMV says "high performance" and its a little cheaper. WTF:huh:

·
Life is short pray hard!
131 Posts
mountaineer,
MCV is the new formulation of 20w50 motorcycle oil. They changed the formulation last year some time if I remember correctly. The AMV is still very good oil and is what I am still running, just the older formulation. I don't think they are still producing AMV just selling out the existing stock. I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
MCV Upgrade

MCV has a GL-1 rating which means it is like 75W-90 Gear lube, which is great for the tranny. It provides outstanding rust protection for the months your bike may sit in a garage in the winter months. Amsoil is always trying to improve their products and eventhough they had a good MC oil, they just made it better. For the past year I used Amsoil 20W-50 racing oil in my Ultra but last Oct I put in the new 20W-50 and I am happy with the results. Yes, I am an Amsoil dealer under George Douglas.

Mo-Jo-Pa-Pa
Ultra Classic

·
Registered
107 Posts
mcv 20 - 50

Bought some MCV 20 - 50 from George last Fall, using in my 2006 1200C

Riding season is really just hitting here in PA., but I've been logging some miles. Bike seems to really like the oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts