Votes: 1 1.9%
  • CRAZY_TRAIN

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • 8ball3290

Votes: 3 5.7%

May 2008 ROTM

3566 Views 14 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  mammoth357
oneoleone

Here's a photo of my '51 Pan, sorry I only have one and I'm in it.
Year:1951
Model:FL
Eng size:74 cubic inches
Transmission:4 sp.
Pipes:Independent duals
Seat:post mount
Wheels:Spokes
Accessories:Bunch of period stuff.
And the story:Last year of of tank shift, rocker clutch only. I've owned it about 25/30 years and it's far from stock, paint, chrome etc. A few purists think I've messed it up but............I like it.
Jerry

johngary

2001 Custom-made cams, Homemade 2-into-1 ceramic coated headers with Supertrapp slip-on, Candy Apple Red repaint with stock decals, chromed forks, digital oil-temp gauge, fan-assisted oil cooler, laptop-programmed ECU, billet air cleaner backing plate with K&N filter, 180 rear tire. Those mods enabled me to beat a Hayabusa at Phil Peterson's Harley Davidson's annual birthday party and dyno shootout. The 'Busa showed up to embarrass the Harleys, and I showed my appreciation for the invitation by embarrassing the 'Busa - 11.7 seconds. I sold the bike not long afterwards. It was too fast. I can't refuse a race, and I'm too old to race against crotch rockets - I was gonna kill myself with that bike! I have a nice safe 105th Anniversary harley now. Oh, did I forget to mention that it's an Excelsior Henderson Super-X, made in Belle Plains, MN?

CRAZY_TRAIN

Year: 2008

Model: Softail Night Train

Color: Vivid Black

Eng size: 96 ci

Transmission: 6 speed

Pipes: Vance&Hines Radius

Seat: Corbin Gun-Fighter

Wheels: Performance machine Gasser "contrast cut"...21" in the front and 18" in the back with metzeler rubber

Accessories:
HD Fat Bob Dual Headlight
HD black inverted front-end
PM rotors and pulley that match wheels
PM grips
PM black forward controls/matching passenger pegs
Martin Bros. Front brace
HD engine accents
HD L.E.D rear tail-light
HD chrome Voltage regulator
HD voltage regulator cover powdercoated black
Harrison Specialties L.E.D Turn Signals
Removed Horn
Kuryakyn side-mount license plate
West Coast Choppers "F*CK YOU" risers
Internal handle bar wiring
All steel-braided Lines
All chrome screw kit (engine and fairing)
Arlen Ness Mirrors
DM racing Spike Intake
Harley Race Tuned
Progressive Lowering kit in the back (about 2inches)

The story: I think i got all the accesories down.. LOL Anyhow, My name is Ali, this is my second harley ive had the pleasure of owning, my first was a 2008 XL1200 NIGHTSTER, I got it about 6 months ago, at first I really loved that bike, until i went on my first sunday ride with my group I now ride with regularly, the suspension on the freeway was very hard on my back and i felt I had to push the bike very hard just to keep up with the pack, after owning that bike for 2 weeks I knew i had to trade up, so ya I traded the nightster in for my Night Train, lost a lot of money, but thats what I get for not listening to everyone about not buying sportsters because I'd outgrow it fast. Anyway the day I rode my night train home, i was so excited in how awesome it rode compared to my sportster, and i immediately got sucked in to modifying the bike, I pretty much spend every dollar I can on the bike. I'm obsessed with everything harley now =) and i plan on modifying the bike a whole lot more in time, but for now check out the pictures and let me know how you like it, enough to vote for me i hope, thanks everyone!

8ball3290

Year: 2005
Model: draggin custom cycles
Eng size: 80
Transmission(5sp, 6sp etc): 6
Pipes: big growl
Seat: el cheapo
Wheels: spokes
Accessories: ummmm
And the story: found a guy in kentucky, built this for me. ultima frame, originally the fender was mounted to swing arm. cut that off, picked up a wcc fender, cut it up to fit my tire. sissy bar made by bruce riley twisted metal over on east coast. the brackets were sportsters that i cut 3 inches off and drilled holes to fit my fender struts.. nothing fancy but i like it. dave link to my gallery http://www.v-twinforum.com/gallery/s...0&ppuser=45487 cant get bigger pics for some reason

OK ladies and gents! What we have here is May's 2008 ROTM! Lets make this just as exciting as last months! Vote away!!!

;!pstwhore

More info on each bike.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
I think i can guess the winner this month and it ain't because there ain't no good bikes out there, but that pan is fire!
All great looking bikes guys, really love the wheels on the train but hey, man and machine, what a match oneoleone!!!! Tough to beat a pan.
It was really tough for me not to vote for the guy who slammed the "Busa" at the anniversary. Brother, that means a lot to most of us and you deserve cudo's. You also deserve drinks on me, if we ever meet. But after thinking about it more, I had to go with the pan. Gotta vote for the ride I like the most, and I'm a big pan fan from way back. All gorgeous rides and all should be proud.

Good luck to everybody.

Sculpin
Yep..gotta vote for the Panhead this month. Oneoleone, that is a job well done.
All nice rides but the train really stuck out to me. Nice Job!
Thanks to everyone. I appreciate it very much.
Wow

It's great to see a group acknowledge some classic metal, specially when it has been nicely taken care of..
Congratulations dude.

[email protected]:
an incredible pan!
ONEOLEONE, that is one nice ride, you got my vote. Your bike reminds me of my dad's, but a whole lot shinier...
ONEOLEONE You got my vote, that is one beautiful Panhead! The other bikes are awesome too. Great competition!
All great contenders...but oh that pan! Great job man!

:beer:
Jake
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.