V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from a trip through Farmington, NM and I wish to relate the great service received from Dewey to the Board. I showed up at his house to ask a few questions about his heads and he immediately offered to let me ride his dresser to get a first hand experience of a 95 inch build with his heads and 37g cams. It was some awesome ride and more power than I expected (compared to my current stage 1 set-up) . He was very patient in answering all my questions and suggested a canned Dynojet map for Branch heads to get me started during break-in (m807-065). It was expecially interesting to see the box of cam tensioners that failed at somewhat early milage.

Upon checking in with my local dealer the next day to schedule the build, the dealer recommended the Delkron forged cam plates as they do with all their cam upgrades. This happens to be a $340 part. I called Dewey for advise and he told me the stock plate is all I need with the 37g cams and that many folks were having problems with the Delkron plate. Couldn't ask for better service. We are all very fortunate to have him back with us in good health again.

·
Livin' Free Indeed
1,052 Posts
I'll second that. Dewey is a wealth of information not to mention the meticulous crafting he puts into a set of heads. Very happy with my 95" build with the combo of Dewey's heads and Hdwrench's $1000 95" kit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 06 heads are on their way to New Mexico as we speak. After talking
to Dewey on the phone, I know that I made the right choice. He was able
to answer all my questions and set me stright about my build. No BS just
good info. that could only come from experience.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
schatz32 said:
I just returned from a trip through Farmington, NM and I wish to relate the great service received from Dewey to the Board. I showed up at his house to ask a few questions about his heads and he immediately offered to let me ride his dresser to get a first hand experience of a 95 inch build with his heads and 37g cams. It was some awesome ride and more power than I expected (compared to my current stage 1 set-up) . He was very patient in answering all my questions and suggested a canned Dynojet map for Branch heads to get me started during break-in (m807-065). It was expecially interesting to see the box of cam tensioners that failed at somewhat early milage.

Upon checking in with my local dealer the next day to schedule the build, the dealer recommended the Delkron forged cam plates as they do with all their cam upgrades. This happens to be a $340 part. I called Dewey for advise and he told me the stock plate is all I need with the 37g cams and that many folks were having problems with the Delkron plate. Couldn't ask for better service. We are all very fortunate to have him back with us in good health again.
Did he share any lizzard juice with you?:yikes:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lizard juice

No sign of the juice on this visit. Certainly didn't want any before the ride as it was his bike. After the ride, I forgot to ask for a sample. Judging from how well his is doing, the stuff apparently has strong recouperative powers. Maybe next trip.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
schatz32 said:
No sign of the juice on this visit. Certainly didn't want any before the ride as it was his bike. After the ride, I forgot to ask for a sample. Judging from how well his is doing, the stuff apparently has strong recouperative powers. Maybe next trip.
Probably what the bike was running on!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dewey's

I to will offer my thanks to Dewey. He was very patient with all the questions I had...even through some phone problems he was having. Called me back several times to be sure I was getting what I needed for my set up. I'm looking forward to receiving my heads. Thanks Dewey and the check is in the mail...really.

Joe

·
Punch It!
356 Posts
Joe, what part of Louisiana are you in? I'm in Lake Charles..........Ward

·
Punch It!
356 Posts
Sort of the Ruston area huh? Thatis some nice riding up there and in AR.........................Ward

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, I live about 7 miles from Ruston. Grew up and went to school there....all the Ruston PD used to know my name about 25 years ago. Now a trip to Wal-Mart is about the extent of my hell raising.

Arkansas really has some nice riding. We usually go up for the rally. Last year we rode to Russlleville, Mount Nebo, Mount Magazine and on to Eureka Springs. Great roads and scenery.

·
Punch It!
356 Posts
Never been through Ruston but I've heard it's beautiful. You're right about AR and the rally. We won't say any more about it, trying too keep it our secret ;)...........................Ward

1 - 12 of 12 Posts