V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a number of snippets recently about several Buell models going out of production. I'm not getting many details. Bottom line seems to be that the line isn't stacking up against metric sport bikes, and a new power train/application seems to be the direction. Hmmm. Anybody have any specifics?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Kind of old now, but yes. There is now only the Blast and Firebolt. A new lightening (XB9S) is going to be released soon. All bikes are going to the new engine based on the Blast engine.

Rumors are in the air that Buell is liking the V-Rod engine, we'll see where that goes...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Most of the mag. articles I've read have mentioned all the great things about the XB9R (brakes, handling, seating position & such) but they all seem to think that it needs more power(especially on the top end). That would be awesome to have a Firebolt with 115HP!!!:D

·
Registered
629 Posts
The XB9 needs 100 at the wheel before it is going to turn heads.

I like it, I would ride it, but I would not buy one until it has the power.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The XB9R has proven that Harley and Buell learned nothing from the past, what made the X1 and M2 great bikes was a high torque and hp setup that was big enough for a good size man. The XB9R remindes me more of the *** bikes. It seems to be a great machine and can be compared to a great running shoe. The problem is I need a size 13 and they only make it in size 10.

·
Registered
629 Posts
V-Rod-Buell said:
The problem is I need a size 13 and they only make it in size10.
LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
YES!!!

A Firebolt with the VRod engine would be a serious ass kicker!!!

Where do I go to get on the waiting list for this one?!?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Ronin said:
Where do I go to get on the waiting list for this one?!?
I'll let you know after I get my name on the list:D

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I just read a road test on a new Firebolt XB9S, seemed kinda neat. I have no desire for a real sportbike, but this looked like a neat around town Angeles Crest type of bike for somone who doesn't want a bike that will spin the rear wheel (or wheely) accidentaly at 90+ mph, but does'nt like the lack of torque in the 600cc bikes (I had a Honda F4i for a few months).

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I just read a road test on a new Firebolt XB9S, seemed kinda neat. I have no desire for a real sportbike, but this looked like a neat around town Angeles Crest type of bike for somone who doesn't want a bike that will spin the rear wheel (or wheely) accidentaly at 90+ mph, but does'nt like the lack of torque in the 600cc bikes (I had a Honda F4i for a few months).

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
629 Posts
gbenner said:

Any thoughts??
Sounds about right.

Besides my frustrations with Buell, I don't know if I would be happy with the HP cut. I think I would rather upgrade to a 750 or a litre bike then down grade to this engine. Though the cornering abilitoes on the XB is about superior to any other bike above a 750.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts