V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. Let's say you wanted to build an engine using the best. What are the brands you like for the smaller parts.

Such as, lifters, pushrods, pistons, valves, springs, etc.

Also. If I wanted to put a top of the line clutch on my bike, which would you choose?

There's already plenty of information out there on pistons, cams, and cylinders, so I don't need to hear about those :)

You can also assume the engine has enough hp/tq to require using these parts. (We are just playing a game here after all ;))

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
537 Posts
The latest thing in clutches is.....no clutch. My pal Garry over at EFM (efmautoclutch.com) autoclutch has a trick deal that eliminates having to pull in a clutch lever. Pretty trick for street use and even tricker if you have a jockyshift. Just come to a light leave it in gear and it will come to idle, blip the throttle and it will engage and off you go.

Kinda like a slipper clutch on a dragbike.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
I've done that. It's all SE with the performance clutch upgrade. But then I ride a Harley Davidson. A very fast one, I might add.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
It's a bagger, whats the point, unless yours is a bagger also. If so I'll run ya.
BTW Milan or Ubly Mi. isn't that far from Ohio, you could also come this way.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm still looking for recomendations on the other parts.

·
Registered
487 Posts
S&S Lifters, kibblewhite guides seal & valves. valve springs vary with cam generally a street tc gets SE adj pushrods, maximum effort street stuff gets S&S evo chromoly or zippers pro taper

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
537 Posts
compressor#v said:
It's a bagger, whats the point, unless yours is a bagger also. If so I'll run ya.
BTW Milan or Ubly Mi. isn't that far from Ohio, you could also come this way.

Were not talking "pinks" here, just a friendly bracket race. We do have the AHDRA Buckeye Nationals at Norwalk, C'Omon down !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts