V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the "BEASTRIDERS" dog carrier? Sometimes I'd like to bring my 55lb dog with me, but the only device I've seen that I can do that with is the size large BEASTRIDERS pet carrier that costs about $600. Is it worth it?

Billy Roy

·
Registered
693 Posts
Neither myself nor my brother have tried this, but we both think that $600 is way too much. You can probably make something that would work much better and cost a hell of a lot less. That's what we've been talking about doing. Just gotta wait for the warmer weather to start building.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
My best friend is my wife and she just sits on the seat.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
wkohn said:
My best friend is my wife and she just sits on the seat.
Do your self a favot and get a dog.

Need something fotr bigger dogs.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
berserker said:
Do your self a favot and get a dog.

Need something fotr bigger dogs.
Well that would be really dumb after the wife buys me the bike. Plus the wife is really good looking and I don't kiss and tell.~!Awesome!

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Not saying you can't keep the wife, just need to change your priorities. You will have less hassle with the dog.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I would be more worried abut the safety of the dog. For me having the dog with would be more freedom. Freedom to travel, and not have to come home.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Might want to get a helmet cam too if your out with the dog on the bike. That way you can have some great evidence when the PETA psychos ride along side you and threaten to kill you over wreckless endangerment of an animal.:whatever:

I'd love to take my lab for a ride. He goes absolutely nuts when he knows he's going for a ride in the truck. Problem is I don't know how to safely get his big yellow hundred pound azz on the back.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
I have seen some people take their dogs with them using bikes with side cars. That looks cool.

I have a small dog and when I put her in my car she is in one of the pet carry along cages. I know she would be right at home in one of the small carry along cages that mounts to a sissy bar, but some people may have an issue at first with their pet if they have never been caged. You may want to cage them in your house a few days in a row for a couple hours at a time to get them used to it. You don't want them trying to squirm around when on the back of the bike especially if they are heavy. That would be like someone riding on the back "HELPING" you lean.

·
Banned
873 Posts
Fatb0y said:
I have seen some people take their dogs with them using bikes with side cars. That looks cool.
Yeah, sidecar. That's what I was gonna say. But a sidecar rig is probably expensive too, right?

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Homarr said:
Yeah, sidecar. That's what I was gonna say. But a sidecar rig is probably expensive too, right?
$3,000 to $5,000 that is all.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
berserker said:
Not saying you can't keep the wife, just need to change your priorities. You will have less hassle with the dog.
No hassles with the wife. She knows if it doesn't fit in the saddle bags she can't buy it.:thumbsup: Plus she looks realllly good in the leather pants.?prty:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thank most of you for your input, however what I'm looking for is someone that has somehow experienced the "BEASTRIDERS" product. Oh, and by the way I'm not interested in taking the dog along and leaving my wife behind. She has her own bike (H-D Springer with lots of custom stuff) Thanks again, most of you.

Billy Roy

·
Registered
385 Posts
I am not sure if you guys know. When my wife and me go on overnighters or trips our chihuahua goes with us she loves to ride. she has been on 5 major rides. niagra falls charlestown sc sturgis sd panama city fl myrtle beach by way of kitty cape hateras nc. She is just 2 years. My daughter has 1 also when she rides her bike ''chico'' rides with us as well. My wife has designed a seat for them to ride on.it puts them just the right height to look over my shoulder or lay down. they have baby swimming gogles to protect thier eyes. we have had our picture taken 17 times in 1 day. we sent pics to the radio station of them ridding with us and won steve miller band tickets.Ride safe

·
Registered
725 Posts
There's a book I have called "Travels With Peppy" about a rider who brought his dog along on a ride around the country. He didn't seem to have any issues... nothing but all kinds of people coming by marveling at what he and his dog were doing.

Related, hope any dog on a ride can handle the motion. I grew up with a Doberman who couldn't stand car rides... would drool and throw up the whole time :puke:.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts