V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Fred1369 said:
Bought and paid for by ExxonMobil.

President, The Science & Environmental Policy Project.
Editorial Advisory Board Member, Cato Institute. Advisory Board Member, American Council on Science and Health. Adjunct Scholar, National Center for Policy Analysis. Research Fellow, Independent Institute. Distinguished Research Professor, Institute for Humane Studies, George Mason University. Former Adjunct Fellow, Frontiers of Freedom. Former Fellow, Hoover Institution. Former Fellow, Heritage Foundation. Former Fellow, The Advancement of Sound Science Coalition. Editor, Global Climate Change newsletter.

Singer, a leading climate change skeptic, is a frequent contributor to the Wall Street Journal and other publications.

In a February 2001 letter to the Washington Post, Singer denied receiving funding from the oil industry, except for consulting work some 20 years prior. SEPP, however, received multiple grants from ExxonMobil, including 1998 and 2000. In addition, Singer's current CV on the SEPP website states that he served as a consultant to several oil companies. The organizations Singer has recently been affiliated with - Frontiers of Freedom, ACSH, NCPA, etc. - have recieved generous grants from Exxon on an annual basis. Singer Letter to the Editor -Washington Post February 12, 2001 It is ironic that the attempt by two environmental activists to misrepresent my credentials [letters, Feb. 6] coincides with a sustained cold spell in the United States that set a 100-year record. As for full disclosure: My resume clearly states that consulted for several oil companies on the subject of oil pricing, some 20 years ago, after publishing a monograph on the subject. My connection to oil during the past decade is as a Wesson Fellow at the Hoover Institution; the Wesson money derives from salad oil. S. FRED SINGER Singer is listed as a $500 plus contributer to the Center for Individual Rights. Singer's publications include "The Scientific Case Against the Global Climate Treaty" (SEPP, 1997), "Hot Talk, Cold Science: Global Warming's Unfinished Debate" (The Independent Institute, 1997) Singer signed the Leipzig Delcaration.

PhD in Physics, Princeton. Former Director, US National Weather Satellite Center. Former Professor of Environmental Sciences, Univeristy of Virginia (1971-94). Former Deputy Administrator EPA (1970-71). See: http://www.sepp.org/about sepp/bios/singer/cvsfs.html

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
thrasher said:
Bought and paid for by ExxonMobil.
As opposed to bought and paid for by the gov't. :whistle: I'm sure the gov't has our best interests in mind though. ^rolleyez^ :laugh:

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Cop_Stanger said:
As opposed to bought and paid for by the gov't. :whistle: I'm sure the gov't has our best interests in mind though. ^rolleyez^ :laugh:
Lemmie see...Dubya is a wanna be oil man...yep, you'd be right! :D

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
Lemmie see...Dubya is a wanna be oil man...yep, you'd be right! :D
OK...yes Georgie Boy is a selfish, oil/money driven, useless fukk of a man....but this whole global warming thing is a natural trend. There was an ice age once, it will happen again. My gas guzzeling HD has very little to do with it, nor does yours. Maybe it's for the better, "Survival of the fittest" and all.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
geno2w1 said:
OK...yes Georgie Boy is a selfish, oil/money driven, useless fukk of a man....but this whole global warming thing is a natural trend. There was an ice age once, it will happen again. My gas guzzeling HD has very little to do with it, nor does yours. Maybe it's for the better, "Survival of the fittest" and all.
If only it was that simple...how many million motorcycles in the world? (I think bikes are the answer, not the problem) Consider this, IF these weather cycles are a natural phenomenon...should we then not care if we hasten, even worsen the effects...come on look around you, we're turning this beautiful planet into an oil coated dung heap. I don't care who or where you are, we've all seen horrendous pollution, wouldn't it be nice if we could just deny it and it would all just go away...there are several on here and elsewhere that would have us believe that's the answer so they can continue filling their wallets without admitting or paying the consequences...

I mean who gives a sh!t if you can't see it from my house...and who gives a damn what happens after I die...

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
And then there is PETA

For those who might have misses Bill Maher last Friday evening I'll post this synopsis of the latest position from PETA. According to PETA the largest threat to global warming is the beef industry. Beef cattle produce more methane than any other source and therefore are the largest threat by causing global warming. Eliminating beef production and going vegetarian is the only hope for eliminating global warming.

That said I have to ask if anyone really believed what PETA says?

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
toybox99615 said:
Eliminating beef production and going vegetarian is the only hope for eliminating global warming.

I will answer in just a minute after I have finished BB-Qing my New York steaks.
Well maybe not............I will probably have another one.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
toybox99615 said:
For those who might have misses Bill Maher last Friday evening I'll post this synopsis of the latest position from PETA. According to PETA the largest threat to global warming is the beef industry. Beef cattle produce more methane than any other source and therefore are the largest threat by causing global warming. Eliminating beef production and going vegetarian is the only hope for eliminating global warming.

I record Bill Maher every week. I'd like to vote for him next year. BUT, no I don't believe what PETA says. I think it's possible but not probable. Global warming is real and we are accelerating it. I just firmly believe that it's gonna happen eventually, the course of nature.

Here's my take, the world freezes over, a few humans survive.....the herd is thinned and we start over. Mother Earth being her harsh b!tch self.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
While we're fixing Global Warming we'd better get rid of the damn dams too. :roflback:

World's dams are 'contributing to global warming'

By Jessica Marszalek

September 04, 2007 12:00am
Article from: AAP

Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

THE world's dams are contributing millions of tonnes of harmful greenhouse gases and spurring on global warming, according to a US environmental agency.
International Rivers Network executive director Patrick McCully today told Brisbane's Riversymposium rotting vegetation and fish found in dams produced surprising amounts of methane - 25 times stronger than carbon dioxide.

"Often it's accepted that hydropower is a climate friendly technology but in fact probably all reservoirs around the world emit greenhouse gases and some of them, especially some of the ones in the tropics, emit very high quantities of greenhouse gases even comparable to, in some cases even much worse than, fossil fuels like coal and gas," Mr McCully said.
The rest is here: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22360233-2,00.html

So let's see, we can't use fossil fuels (too dirty) or nucular (guess why), windmills (kills birds) and now hydroelectric will be off the list, just how exactly are we supposed to get electricity to power our computers so's we can sit here and b!tch about global warming? :whisper: %[email protected]

·
Registered
171 Posts
toybox99615 said:

PETA-People Enjoying Tasty Animals
Yes, all God's creatures have a place, right next to the mashed potatoes N gravy.

Now if'n I have to start eatin beans instead of meat, then I alone can fart enough to raise the methane levels to dangerous proportions over the entire block I live on. Just imagine what several billion people all eating beans and Jalopenos can do. It's scary I tell ya:xhere:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Let's not miss the point here. There's no way to prove that man has any effect on global warming. Doesn't matter that we know that burning fossil fuels releases more CO2. We can't determine HOW MUCH EFFECT that has, if anything, on global warming. So, I ask you, HOW WILL WE KNOW WHEN WE HAVE IT LICKED?????????????

Even the recent UN report emphasized that no matter who's to blame for global warming, nothing we can do will make any measurable difference for say a century or so. So now we get the PETA nuts who won't stop until they've destroyed the entire livestock industry. If we can't measure improvments caused by our changes in a resonable amount of time, what's to keep the PETA and tree-hugger types from lobbying for continued restrictions on our lifestyles until you and I can't find a job because all energy-using manufacturers have closed their doors?

I remember as a kid, I wanted to build a go-kart. My dad told me he was in total support and asked how much money I had. I had about $12. He asked if that was enough. I told him that I didn't know if that would do the job. "Well, how much are you willing to spend", he asked. A 13 year old kid with only $12 dollars who has no experience building go-karts can't answer a question like that. The human population on this here Earth is no smarter than that 13 year old kid when it comes to changing our climate.

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
14-O said:
Let's not miss the point here. There's no way to prove that man has any effect on global warming. Doesn't matter that we know that burning fossil fuels releases more CO2. We can't determine HOW MUCH EFFECT that has, if anything, on global warming. So, I ask you, HOW WILL WE KNOW WHEN WE HAVE IT LICKED?????????????

When they're building snowmen in Ft. Lauderdale.
Duuhh!
Of course we'll be debating how to stop global cooling at that point.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts